Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Food Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Trucks

I'm obsessed with the food trucks here - I've tried 4 so far, and they've all been freaking amazing. It gets me outside because I have to walk a couple of blocks to get there, I'm supporting locals, and it's just really, really good food.

So far I've tried:
    Rollin' Fatties - Chicken fattie (burrito with chicken, rice and beans, pico, cheese, and chipotle cream sauce)

Burgers Ya Heard - Pho burger and fries

La Cocinita - braised pork and butternut squash burri-taco (flour tortilla stuffed with rice, black beans, and melted cheese)

Dirty Dishes - The Munch (smoked gouda mac n cheese with crawfish and turkey tasso, bbq pulled pork, and bacon over a garlic fleur de lis waffle)

I may complain about living in this city, but I will certainly never complain about the food here! Well, except maybe the lack of good Tex Mex, but we've got everything else I could ever want.
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Love foodtrucks! We have several FT parks. Some have turned into franchise and/or restaurants. Still, I prefer the truck.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I don't think I had tried any of these yet when you came to visit, MPS, otherwise I totally would have taken you to one of these! There is usually at least one truck parked outside of the med center here, sometimes several, so I've tried different ones each time I've walked over so far.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Yum!
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

If you like food trucks, then you need to visit Portland ASAP. We eat the majority of our weekend meals at food cart pods.

Comment

I need to come back to Portland! I was up there several years ago for a conference and really enjoyed it - we ate ate restaurants mostly, and drank a pretty good amount of beer, but it was all really good. I'm sure I would love the food trucks up there too though!

I wish I could eat at them more here too, and enjoy them with hubby, but they mostly park in places we don't frequent.

Comment

Holy crap - YUM!!!

We have some food carts up on the hospital campus that a really good (about five blocks from my building) so I'll meet DH to eat at one of them when it works out for both of us.

At the VMFA there is a 'food truck court' that features a half-dozen or so food trucks that are really good (there's a taco one that's killer). At home, there's a food truck rodeo that draws a huge crowd twice a year and we were home for the weekend two years ago when they did it and ate our way from one end of the street to the other. Fantastic!

So far, my FAVORITE food truck is one that's always at an outdoor farmer's market. We go to the market strictly for this truck some weekends. It's Amish donuts. They are the BEST donuts ever. Like, ever. EVER. I'm serious. Warm, yeasty, glazed rings that are so succulent you'd swear you died and went to glazed donut heaven. The line is always 50+ people deep from opening at 8am until closing at 12p. They are so profitable that the family takes four months off in the dead of winter to travel to different places all over the globe.
              Wife, support system, and partner-in-crime to PGY-3 (IM) and spoiler of our 11 y/o yellow lab

sigpic

Comment

OG - related, this just popped up on my news feed: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6457252.html

WPW - now I need some donuts! The one from today had a king cake waffle that looked amazing, but I was pretty sure I didn't need even more calories on top of the deliciousness I was already planning to consume. A lot of these park near the Superdome on game days, and the pictures they're posting of lines are crazy long too. Fortunately, they get just enough business at lunch time to keep them coming but without the really long lines.

There's one taco truck that I've been dying to try, but I haven't seen them parked here yet.

Comment

Many of the food trucks tweet or post on FB where they are parked that day. Speaking of...have you seen the movie Chef? First time I have been homesick for Miami food.

Comment

Yes to Portland food trucks! Holy crap yes.

Comment

Love them! If I lived in NYC that's all I would eat and never cook again.
                      -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by LilySayWhat
                        They get pricey in a hurry. That said, Luke's Lobster was one of my faves in NY, along with wafels and dinges.

To that end, that last pic with the waffle, ALOY, looks so good I could punch my dad.
                        OMG Luke's Lobster. I miss that place so much.

Comment

My mom was like, you didn't eat all of that, did you? Umm, yes, every single bite, and I have zero regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                            My mom was like, you didn't eat all of that, did you? Umm, yes, every single bite, and I have zero regrets.
                            Well, you did burn all.those.calories.walking.over to the truck!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
                              Well, you did burn all.those.calories.walking.over to the truck!
                              That's what I tell myself, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X