Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Bad professors:wwyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is nothing in her syllabus. My feeling is that if you want the paper a certain way, you grade it and make a note than in the future you won't accept it like that.

We are trying to figure out how he could type homework. We need to find a math program.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
      There is nothing in her syllabus. My feeling is that if you want the paper a certain way, you grade it and make a note than in the future you won't accept it like that.

We are trying to figure out how he could type homework. We need to find a math program.
      MathCAD? I don't know much about it, but DH has used it for various classes.
      Sandy
      Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

This is a college prof???? Absolutely ridiculous.... At Baylor, they don't even take up homework.. Of course if you don't do it, then you won't do well. They do quizzes instead or spot checked a couple of problems... He's in Calc III right now and if handwriting were an issue, my son would have flunked. He has the WORST handwriting. That is just ridiculous.

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
        We'll have to work something out. Yesterday he came home with a 50% reduction in grade because his handwriting was too sloppy. Frankly, I thought it was his best printing. Sigh. I should have gotten him OT as a child. There is no way he'll get higher than 50% for homework grades if this is the case. She gave him a zero on his other homework because he tore the pages from a notebook and left that papery crap on the side. No grading. Zero

I get having standards, but she sounds like a bitch.

Comment

I agree - it should have been in her syllabus if she requires it to be submitted a certain way. If not, she should have graded it the first time and let him (and all of the other students in the class) know that she had a certain requirement and future submissions needed to meet that requirement. The only exception is if the handwriting was truly illegible, but it doesn't sound like that was the case.

MS Word does let you type equations, but it's kind of a pain. LaTeX could do it, but I think there's a steep learning curve, and I've never actually used it.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Working...
          X