Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What are your plans today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your plans today?

I did a terrible job of keeping up with laundry this week. Waah. I'll be folding etc all day.

I also have to organize my school assignments for the week. I'm pretty unmotivated right now but will have to do it!

One more cup of coffee and I'll get started. Maybe.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Ugh. Laundry Central here, too. I don't have an excuse other than I get tired of doing that shit.

Comment

Oh, yeah. I should be doing laundry.

DH works a 24-hour shift, so kiddo and I went and bought several dozen donuts for him to give to the nurses so his day would be smoother Then we went and walked around on the frozen lakes until our ears couldn't handle the cold anymore. Then we finished his robotic arm, which was an impressive challenge.

I think kiddo and I will have a date night dinner out tonight, then watch a movie in bed.

Comment

I got out for a walk this morning in the 55 degree sunshine, which was terrific. I read to the kids, made their lunch, and after they've watched about 20 minutes of Youtube videos we're going to walk up to the basketball court a few blocks away and help DS practice his basic skills. When DH gets home from his bike ride we're all going to town to run a few errands, then I'll make mussels for dinner (DH collected them Thursday and we need to get them cooked up!) We usually like to watch a movie together after dinner.

Speaking of laundry, I think it's time for me to switch the load! Never ends...
        Alison

Comment

Laundry day for me too but luckily just a couple loads. DH and I worked on our chicken coop this afternoon between studying. The chicks are about 3-4 weeks old and will be living outside the little setup we have for them in the shed in no time. We were wrapping up the last of the coop's roof when I heard a racket in the shed. Our dog, Willow, had snuck in and was gnawing on the side of the pen that the baby chicks were in. Luckily no one was hurt but their was food water and poop everywhere and two very ruffled birds. Bad dog Willow!

Time to start dinner soon, Chicken and arugula with rice tonight. Chocolate Trinity ice cream for dessert.

Comment

Hike and playground time at the state park. Shirking all responsibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Pictures for Lambie. Birthday party with K1.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Grocery shopping, took the dog for a bike ride, colored pictures with O and we practiced guitar. Now dh and O are watching a movie.
                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

I LOVE the picture of the park!!! We went to church. We went to a young married luncheon. We came home. I supervised the kids while they cleaned out the fridge and pantry. I unloaded the dishwasher. Hubby got hay from a neighbor. He and my son worked on a train layout. I took my daughter to handbells practice and stayed and read since they don't have youth tonight. I took her home. We fixed dinner and watched a Voyager. My husband and my daughter are practicing their guitar ( watching a video that teaches them to play). Afterwards, she has to practice her violin. Then hubby and I will probably go to bed and read our books..

A normal Sunday.

Comment

Dh took the kids ice skating. I stayed home. Picked up the house and played w the new puppy. Made a mini thanksgiving for dinner. Yum!
                    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Meal planning/grocery shopping today. Of course, there's always laundry... We had guests over last night, so I have a big kitchen mess to clean up...
                      Laurie
                      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

We were going to our every Monday neighborhood playgroup, but my youngest is an absolute snot monster this morning. It's probably just a cold but I don't want to share that with his friends.

So yeah, it will probably be a mostly at home kind of day. The weather here is going to be gorgeous, though. Nothing like playing outside with out jackets in January.

Comment

Both kids have school today! That means in 5 minutes I'm waking them up, making their breakfast and lunch, taking them to the bus stop.

Then I don't know if DH wants to go for a hike together or a bike ride solo (in which case I'll either walk or clean). I'll make his lunch before he goes to work, then walk to school to volunteer at the kindergarten for a few hours. I don't get to teach reading groups any more so I will either be doing busywork tasks for the teacher or assessing kids on their early reading skills, bah.

I'll try to get home before the bus does in order to have a couple of minutes' downtime before kids get home and get a snack and get ready for karate. We'll get back from karate at 6:15 and I'll either have crockpotted something or will make something out of leftovers. Then bath/bed for kids and a half hour respite for me before I start cleaning house!

On the chores list is one bathroom, the front closet, and the dreaded playroom (it's been on the list for days and simply must get done today.) DH expected home anywhere between 10pm and 1am. Typical Monday! There may or may not be a load of laundry (if we don't have enough clothes, I might change our sheets and wash those, LOL.)
                          Alison

Comment

What language are you working on Lily?

Angie
                            Angie
                            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

It's officially tomorrow. Kids have no school due to snowpocalypse. I'll bake something, ref fighting, do laundry and try to find fun things to do with the kids. And hope the power stays on. So thankful Dh isnt in ND this week with this storm prediction!
                              ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Working...
                              X