Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is your Dr on Twitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your Dr on Twitter?

I've been trying to get my DH to set up a professional account on Twitter for years now, and he's just totally not interested. I hadn't thought about it in a while, but then this article on kevinmd about why young doctors should be on Twitter got be thinking about it again.
    http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2014/11/...ter-heres.html

Is your SO on Twitter? If so, what kind of stuff does he usually tweet about?

Mine is. He actually joined to see if he could get more followers than his then-hospital's marketing team could (he surpassed them in three months by just tweeting valuable content). It's actually pretty incredible. Especially for EMS, he has tons of contacts all over the world to bounce ideas off of - all from Twitter. Really an incredible tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Dh is not. There is some physician type social media that they had to sign up for but I don't really know what that is and I'm sure he doesn't use it. It's an interesting thought. I'll have to ask him if his other partners use it (although I'm guessing no, lol).
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Nope and he won't.
        Jen
        Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

My DH isn't even on Facebook. I think he has an old Twitter account, but he hasn't used it in ages.
          As we get closer to the end of training, I can see more how it would be valuable for him to sort of brand himself online in a professional capacity, especially since he'll most likely be joining a private practice. I bought the domain name for his name a decade ago, but there's nothing there. I just didn't want someone else to own hisname.com.

Comment

DH doesn't do facebook. His Twitter feed is a lot of crowd sourcing, QOD for his medics, etc.
            -Deb
            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
              My DH isn't even on Facebook. I think he has an old Twitter account, but he hasn't used it in ages.
              As we get closer to the end of training, I can see more how it would be valuable for him to sort of brand himself online in a professional capacity, especially since he'll most likely be joining a private practice. I bought the domain name for his name a decade ago, but there's nothing there. I just didn't want someone else to own hisname.com.
              He may or may not have restrictions on "self branding" if he joins a group (meaning that all "marketing" may be controlled through them.
              Jen
              Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

He isn't. He is on FB but is considering deleting his profile. A) he's never on there and B) working in psychiatry, it seems like it may be wise to minimize his Googlability.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyhoundsRUs View Post
                  He may or may not have restrictions on "self branding" if he joins a group (meaning that all "marketing" may be controlled through them.
                  So far I haven't seen that in any of the contracts, but I'll definitely keep my eyes open for that going forward.

Comment

Not applicable right now, but my OB was in Facebook and posted often...with some interesting discussion haha
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I had to twist DH's arm to get a phone he could text from. That's as technologically advanced as he is willing to go.
                      Needs

Comment

Hah, no!

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

DH does...but only after I nagged and provided evidence of how it can be used to market the program, provide relevant info AND teach.
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzySunshine View Post
                            Hah, no!

I will say if DH was in private practice he would have a professional only fb page, twitter, etc. but he doesn't want and/or need that in his practice model. His elective OR is currently booked out to 2/21 so he's plenty busy.
                            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Neither of us are on twitter or facebook, but we are old farts. He is plenty busy. I can see how it might be useful for young docs.. For us, it would be more trouble than it would be worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X