Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Blue Apron/Hello Fresh etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Apron/Hello Fresh etc.

Anyone use them, like them, dislike them?

I've never really been interested since we didn't eat carbs for dinner. But I've been so anti-dinner lately because almost everything makes me sick. I feel bad for DH. I just can't spend as much time at the grocery store, and meal planning makes me sick. Cooking isn't too bad as long as I've snacked, but tonight I'm literally making him store bought chili while I eat grilled cheese and tomato soup.., super exciting for him I'm sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard good things and it would be fun to try new recipes, especially since you'd have all the ingredients and won't have extra if it's something you don't love. Do you know how spendy it is?
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

It isn't cheap - but I spend a ton on groceries as is, so I don't think it would cost me much more... Both work out to be about $10/pp per meal. The family meals on blue apron are $8/pp.

Comment

$20/meal (for 2 adults) really adds up but I can see it being awesome for specific times like the above. Or post partum.
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I'm trying Plated this week.

Heidi
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I was all geared up to try Plated, but with a family of 6 I pretty much had a stroke at the cost and sat back down, lol.

I would go for it as the cost won't be significant for just the two of you, and since you aren't feeling it with eating these days, it'll really just be for the dh.

Comment

For another perspective...there is nothing wrong with boring dinners. How fair is it for you to be slaving over miso-glazed cod when your own appetite isn't even there? I say grilled cheese and tomato soup for all!
              Alison

Comment

We have friends that do Blue Apron and really like it. They were able to send a free trial (though we couldn't do it because they don't accommodate food allergies). Maybe you know someone who cod do that for you to see if you like it.
                -Deb
                Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

Originally posted by spotty_dog View Post
                  For another perspective...there is nothing wrong with boring dinners. How fair is it for you to be slaving over miso-glazed cod when your own appetite isn't even there? I say grilled cheese and tomato soup for all!
                  It would only be for when he's on call. He cooks no problem when he isn't. And I think part of the point is that the meals are quick to prepare.

But the cod thing just made me think twice... I totally forgot about the high Mercury fish thing for me. Maybe September is a better time to try it. Although, I don't know. If I can find someone that uses it, that free trial sounds great!

I'll think about it a little more - and look into plated, I hadn't even heard of that one.

Comment

Blue Apron/Hello Fresh etc.

You can get 2 meals free on plated if you want my referral.

https://www.plated.com/invites/056aa3

I think it's expensive, but I might actually save a little $ if I'm not eating out. I know, that's crazy.
                    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!!!

Comment

So weird. My mom just sent me a month of blue apron without discussing this with her. Super strange!!!

Comment

Wow, cool!!
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Ha. Yes! But now I kind of feel like she is spying on me 😉

Comment

Haha I was wondering about that, too, but didn't want to make you paranoid!
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X