Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

10 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Tricks to Appear Smart in Meetings

http://thecooperreview.com/10-tricks...mart-meetings/

Coworker sent this to me. Gosh darn it, I think they might work. And I recognize some of these...

"Will it scale?"
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Can we take a step back, ST?
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

How generalizable is this?
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

We need to incentivize them. (Note: Incentive is not a verb; the word you are searching for is either "bribe" or "extort.")

What are the optics on that? (Code for: this will make me/us look like a the pieces of sh*t that we are)

I'm not seeing the upside. (Translated: "I am not in this for anyone other than myself. ")

Bring a solution, not a problem. (Message: "Don't point out fundamental problems unless you already have a way to solve them that I will love and will not expose me.")

Comment

#8 made me LOL. Taking phone calls in meetings is dick. People who say esoteric shit that makes no sense come off as idiots. I tend to think note takers are suck ups.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
            #8 made me LOL. Taking phone calls in meetings is dick. People who say esoteric shit that makes no sense come off as idiots. I tend to think note takers are suck ups.
            I take notes in meetings, but only so I don't forget what I need to do!
            Sandy
            Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

I judge note takers in things like dept meetings...fluff meetings with no action items.
              Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                We would always appoint a note taker for department meetings and unofficially amongst a group of us for all staff meetings. Sucks for the one taking notes I can't stand meetings when you don't know the agenda ahead of time.
                Jen
                Wife of a PGY-4 orthopod, momma to 2 DDs, caretaker of a retired race-dog, Hawkeye!

Comment

Originally posted by poky View Post
                  Yea me too but as I'm writing I always think 'ahh you goddamn suck up!!'

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                    Yea me too but as I'm writing I always think 'ahh you goddamn suck up!!'
                    Heh. Maybe it's because our company is TINY, so there's nobody to impress (we all know each other too well for note-taking to make a difference), or maybe it's because my work is technical, or maybe it's because I know my memory is not perfect, and I can miss important things if I don't write them down, but I never get a "suck up" sense from taking notes. It's clearly for my own benefit so I don't let anything slip through the cracks.
                    Sandy

Comment

Working...
                    X