Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Any partners in STEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any partners in STEM?

Hi all,

I introduced myself earlier today and wanted to see if anyone here is in STEM or similar. It seems like we are hard workers and understand our partners well, though we like everyone else in these, have to live with the challenges.

I work in automation and program/troubleshoot/engineer things every day. I love my job and probably am in some ways lucky to have a partner who doesn't me being busy (though he sure as hell is busier than me). Anyone else out there like this?

IT Business Analyst
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

And a lady too. Cheers!

Comment

Can't code to save my life though
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

I'm headed to PA school.

Heidi
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I'm an assistant professor in Biomedical Informatics, and I love my job most days.
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Can't code to save my life though
              You still do something hard. Besides, I can tell you from coding things regularly that it's overrated often.

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                I'm an assistant professor in Biomedical Informatics, and I love my job most days.
                Sounds like a friend of mine who has a wife in nephrology.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post
                  I'm headed to PA school.

Heidi

Congrats!

Comment

Web developer, with a degree in electrical engineering.
                    Sandy
                    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Any partners in STEM?

I was formerly a Business Systems Analyst with an undergraduate degree in Biochemistry & Molecular Bio, graduate degrees Masters of Public Health and MBA.
                      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Formerly civil engineer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Wife of Anesthesiology Resident

Comment

Not currently but my degree is in meteorology.
                          Brandi
                          Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

math and science teacher. but I used to be a systems engineer.
                            Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                            Let's go Mets!

Comment

Before SAHM, I started out as a programmer, then moved into software testing, then business analyst. Programming was my favorite, although I hated the company/job.
                              Laurie
                              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                              X