Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fundraisers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraisers

Oh man, I thought it was bad enough that I had to sell chocolate for E's school fundraiser. An old friend lives not too far away, but definitely in a more rural area, and her daughter's daycare is selling beef jerky and meat sticks. It's so ridiculous! I'll take the chocolate any day - that stuff sold so fast!
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Our middle kiddo's volleyball team is going a Pampered Chef fundraiser. Fuckers. My two weaknesses are kitchen gadgets and camping gear. Camping kitchen gadgets? I'm done. I'll buy them all.

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
      Oh man, I thought it was bad enough that I had to sell chocolate for E's school fundraiser. An old friend lives not too far away, but definitely in a more rural area, and her daughter's daycare is selling beef jerky and meat sticks. It's so ridiculous! I'll take the chocolate any day - that stuff sold so fast!
      Already? Wow. Thought you had until at least 6 before that nonsense started!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Fundraisers

Originally posted by diggitydot View Post
        Our middle kiddo's volleyball team is going a Pampered Chef fundraiser. Fuckers. My two weaknesses are kitchen gadgets and camping gear. Camping kitchen gadgets? I'm done. I'll buy them all.
        That actually sound good. I think I'd be inclined to buy that stuff too. wrapping paper doesnt bother me either. I hate the chocolates. Our nephew sold some brand - started with an S. I was horrified at the prices, plus just not a huge fan of boxed chocolates - despite my sweet tooth.

Beef jerky - no way. But I remember selling something like Omaha steaks for a volleyball team in middle or high school. I'd totally buy those too.

Last edited by JDAZ11; 03-20-2015, 08:18 AM.

Comment

The chocolate was reasonably priced - $1 for a bar or $2 for a box of almonds.

She posted pictures of the beef jerky, and it's mostly like the slim jim looking stuff. Gross! I feel like I would have just made the donation if I was her, but apparently whoever sells the most gets a week of free care, so she's pushing it hard.

Pampered Chef would be fun too though!
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

My sister did Yankee Candle for the school. I was glad to stock up!!

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

We've had Yankee candle for a few years now. I'm done. You have to switch them up if it's not consumables. Wrapping paper is high yield for most schools. We've also had mattresses. Big cost, but you don't have to sell to many families to make your profit. Beef jerky is redic.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I like the wrapping paper. The quality and pattern styles are worth the jacked up prices imho.

My dd13 loved selling beef jerky. It was so funny. She had a beef jerky and chocolate bar fundraiser for her band trip- she brought that stuff to the pool deck every day for about a month and made out like a bandit. She is such a little salesperson which fascinates me bc I'd rather clean bathrooms than sell something. She honestly enjoys it.
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                X