Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wedding Gift Ideas -- No Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REI has a great return policy. Go, ask the people there for something that is pricey but people do not tend to buy for themselves. Spend a $100 or less and get the diffrence in a GC. If they do not like the gift, they can always return it and get the value back.

For me, I would get his and hers Smartwool socks and get the rest in GCs. No one wants to spend $20 on a pair of socks but they are soooo worth it.

Another place to check out that has something they may not want to spend on is Ibex. www.ibex.com. I f-ing lurve their clothes - great for both winter and summer activities. Might be something they do not know about or do but would appreciate more items.

The Clymb is another fav site of mine for outdoorsy stuff. They are also great with returns and have GCs. Only issue is that they do not have the same items all the time.

What other things do they like? Outdoorsy usually equates craft beer drinkers...at least everyone I know is like this. How about a stainless steel growler with a GC to a brewpub in their city? Or a craft beer subscription?

Are they foodies? How about a GC to a restaurant in their city?
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Hm, the No registry hints to me that they prefer cash. Don't feel guilty, I'm sure they understand. Maybe make plans to visit them another time to ease your guilt? I had to miss the wedding of the friend that officiated my wedding and had the worst guilt. Buying tickets to visit them that summer for a long weekend made me feel way better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh and it was totally awesome because I got her all to myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ooh, I think going to visit them another time is a great idea. I know it's logistically difficult with two littles, but visits from faraway friends are so rare and special.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Originally posted by alison View Post
            I'd say cash! I don't think when people open an envelope and see $200 in it they think "sheesh, so impersonal!" If anything, buying something off someone's registry that THEY pick out for THEMSELVES is impersonal. Just my humble opinion.
            This
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Working...
            X