Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

April 3 News Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 3 News Thread

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Passover, the most OCD of all holidays, starts tonight. DrK is on call all weekend. The kids are out of school. The babysitter is out of town. I've got a family I barely know coming to our house for seder. I'm cycling between "just make some matzo balls and a chicken. .... it's no big deal" and "AHHHHH! REMOVE EVERY BREAD CRUMB, LEAD A SEDER, IS IT KOSHER FOR PASSOVER, DO I NEED A VEGETABLE, WHO EATS GIFILTE FISH ANYWAY, EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!" But, I'm fine, really.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
      Passover, the most OCD of all holidays, starts tonight. DrK is on call all weekend. The kids are out of school. The babysitter is out of town. I've got a family I barely know coming to our house for seder. I'm cycling between "just make some matzo balls and a chicken. .... it's no big deal" and "AHHHHH! REMOVE EVERY BREAD CRUMB, LEAD A SEDER, IS IT KOSHER FOR PASSOVER, DO I NEED A VEGETABLE, WHO EATS GIFILTE FISH ANYWAY, EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!" But, I'm fine, really.
      Aw, whatever you do I'm sure will be lovely! I'm sure you're a great host.

New for today? The universe is conspiring against taking private yoga lessons. Before my last lesson I hadn't been able to practice much so the morning of I was trying to go through everything we'd covered. Went up into a headstand with both feet at the same time (way harder than one leg at a time) and about 10 seconds later felt a pop in my neck. Had pain for days and restricted motion. Had mostly a 'talking lesson' which was good but this time I've been practicing LOTS and am so excited to get back to it. This morning I'm laying in bed saying good by to DH, I barely moved and felt my neck tweak. Same pain and restricted motion. UGH!!! I'm an old lady!!! I took tylenol this time so maybe if I avoid back bends I'll be ok.

Comment

I made the mistake last night saying in front of C: "[spelling crazy aunt's name] Has invited us for Easter dinner, do you want to go". C starts SCREAMING, "I PREFER that, I PREFER that. I want to go to [aunt's name's house]" Damn it kid, learn not to listen when I say things in front of you!
        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

E woke up too early, but I managed to keep her mostly entertained in bed with me until a bit after 7. We ate breakfast, played a bit, showered, and got ready without too many meltdowns. Then I decided to get a trim and polish change on my toes - I didn't think she'd cooperate for a full pedicure. She was a perfect angel, just sitting in my lap, taking everything in, and snacking. Then we went to the Sprint store to get my phone fixed, and it was a super quick thing, and she cooperated. She managed to fall asleep on the mile drive home, and I got her successfully transferred to the crib. Can't all mornings be this easy? Hopefully the rest of the day isn't awful because of it.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Day off from school today. I was so excited to sleep in. DH left his cell phone in our bed though and the hospital called and texted non-stop. No sleeping in for me. Boohoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

K2 just had a mega-tantrum on the floor of the public library restroom.

Comment

Day 4 in undies for Q. Only 3 accidents so far. No more diapers! Yes!

Needs

Comment

Stomach bug. I think. These aren't normal morning sickness symptoms. 😔

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

She's walking!

Comment

MrsK, must be something in the air. I've got a back-to-front rolling baby here. Yay milestones! 😊

Event coordinator, wife and therapist to a peds attending

Comment

I'm pissed off at all my teacher friends and relatives who are married to other teachers that are all at the beach with each other and I never even get to see my hubby...let alone on a beach. Blah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tippyleigh View Post
                          I'm pissed off at all my teacher friends and relatives who are married to other teachers that are all at the beach with each other and I never even get to see my hubby...let alone on a beach. Blah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          I feel like this every holiday.

Comment

Working...
                          X