Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

April 4 News Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 4 News Thread

"Just For Today" megathread. Post little announcements, petty rants, small victories, and superficial confessions here for one day only. But please please please consider opening new threads too. We nosy chickens want to read all the details and talk everything over ad nauseum too.
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

DH is on call tomorrow, so we're having Easter today. The kids are at such fun ages right now!
    Laurie
    My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Last night I had what just might be the best meal of my life at this teeny little farm to table restaurant in an even teenier town about 45 minutes from here.

We gorged and the bliss was unbeatable. They comped 3 apps for us because we set up a FB event, tagging the cafe. I apologize for all of the FB pics last night, but I really want this place to succeed.

It was wonderful because we got to meet the chef/owner at the end of the meal.
      Kris

Comment

It looked delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Delicious us an understatement. Seriously, top 5 meal on 3 continents.
          Kris

Comment

Just a great day

Biscuits for girls + 7 mi run
            Farmers market for our veggie garden
            Naps for girlies
            C was so good while I took her for a haircut for easter
            Came home and dyed eggs
            Planted garden
            Made quick delicious dinner
            Heading to bath time

It's been 70 degrees all day, everyone is behaving, and tomorrow is Easter. Feeling really thankful for today!
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

April 4 News Thread

GO Big Red!!!!
              Kris

Comment

Originally posted by houseofwool View Post
                go big red!!!!
                u-rah-rah wisconsin!
                Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Way to go Badgers....

Angie
                  Angie
                  Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                  Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Shared parental leave starts in UK today. Too late for me as a dad at home but for future parents there's more choice.

A mum who had been in same job for 2 years, and NHS means all hospitals are same employer, gets 6 months on full pay and 6 months on half pay.

Now the mum has to take the first two weeks, and the following 50 weeks can be split any way between the two parents, same sex couple or adoptive parents on adoption.

Dave
                    Using Tapatalk

Comment

50 weeks?!?!?!? Man, America sucks with respect to maternity/paternity leave. That's crazy.

Comment

Yeah, America does suck with the paid leave. Although Europe has high taxes to pay for that stuff. Americans wants a year off and to continue paying lower taxes. People in Scandanavia are taxed 60-70% of their income.
                        Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                        Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                          Yeah, America does suck with the paid leave. Although Europe has high taxes to pay for that stuff. Americans wants a year off and to continue paying lower taxes. People in Scandanavia are taxed 60-70% of their income.
                          Today it feels like we pay that too 😉. Tax checks went out yesterday and they were BRUTAL!!!

Comment

We pay tax twice a year, it's about 35% of income after business expenses.
                            Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X