Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The Donald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Donald

I have to say, I have only seen about 4 episodes of the Apprentice but I know that there are some committed viewers out there, and I happened to catch the last 45 min last night, but the only thing that struck me was how horrible Trump was at reading the teleprompter! Too funny! He could have at least reviewed his lines beforehand so that we all didn't have to suffer with him... Everyone in the DC area is all astir b/c Quamie didn't win. I thought that the stunt where Quamie signed balls and other stuff outside the Planet Hollywood (passing himself off as an athlete star to innocent 8 year olds) should have immediately disbarred him from the competition anyway...
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Kwame was impressive, and I think Trump's not just blowing smoke when he says Kwame has a bright future, but I think Bill pretty clearly outperformed him throughout--not by a lot, but just enough to win.

You could tell they were trying to come up with things Bill "did wrong" to make the race between the final two seem tighter and the best thing they came up with was the Bill was too hectic and was getting on his team's nerves a little bit. That's so minor considering the situation.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I thought Kwame was impressive too. I wonder what kinds of job offers he will get out of this (as well as the others). I agree that Bill was better. Which job would you have chosen -- Chicago or the golf course?

The TelePrompter thing was too funny! (Not that I could read off of one of those). His spontaneous comments were much better. But, boy, is that guy full of himself.

Comment

I liked Kwame too, but he would have come across so much better had he NOT picked Omarosa!!

-Esther

Comment

Originally posted by nmh
          Which job would you have chosen -- Chicago or the golf course?
          It was also hands down that Bill would choose Chicago--he already runs a business there (a cigar store, I think). He's going to have a hard enough time adjusting to the whole cinderella thing that's happening to him and making such a huge career leap at once--he'll have a much better chance at succeeding in a place where he already knows the local culture and business environment at least. I'm sure he fits in there . . . his whole demeanor and style . . . he's a very Chicago guy. Plus why uproot your family if you don't have to? I'd choose Chicago for the same reason. And because I'd fear that the 18th hole of that golfcourse is going to fall in the ocean again--it ain't easy fighting mother nature.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

I thought choosing Chicago was a no-brainer too. I guess that hob-nobbing with city exec types would probably help Bill's future beyond this gig more than hob-nobbing with Hollywood types would... Besides that, I agree about the mother nature thing. Cali has too many natural disasters- I'd hate to manage that golf course if a huge earthquake were to hit!
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
            X