Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Your house is on fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your house is on fire

You have 1 minute to grab 3 items of value to you from any of the rooms. You already have all important bank/insurance documents etc.
    What 3 items would you grab?

(Living beings are safe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PrincessFiona; 04-24-2015, 01:54 PM.
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I"m assuming children dont count?

Otherwise, computer, hard drive, box of photo CDs
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Both dogs and my cat. And my dogs ashes.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Living beings are safe. My bad.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Knowing this...i'd have to think about it more.
          ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

My wedding set (great-great grandmothers engagement ring and great grandmother's eternity band)
            my computer (over 4000 pictures of the kids on there) I really need to back them up onto a cloud
            My great grandfather's bird paintings (2 frames but I'm counting them as one item)
            -Ladybug

Comment

Computer/hard drive
              Purse (w/ wallet)
              DS1's baby blanket

There's lots of stuff I'd be bummed to lose, but I guess I'm not that sentimental about things because I can't think of much I'd just die without. (Besides living things, obv.)

Comment

My computer, iPad, and scrapbooks.
                Veronica
                Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

My kids photobooks are right next to the computer. I'd grab them too. Let's assume I'm wearing my rings so that I can grab those too.
                  -Ladybug

Comment

Assuming I already have my important documents (which I do keep in a convenient portable file box ready to grab in case of emergency), and all the people and pets are safe... My purse with wallet, phone, car keys, etc., my wedding dress, and the oil painting above the mantel - one my mom did when she was 20. It's like 3'x4' so I'm not sure if I could carry anything else! I have all my computer stuff backed up on the cloud, and insurance can cover the rest!
                    Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

OK to be really serious for a moment, for all of you who said your computers -- back your shit up on the cloud!!! I totally understand if you love your computer and would want to save it, but hardware is fragile and all your photos could be gone in a moment. Seriously, back your shit up.

Comment

Your house is on fire

I do need to some cloud backups, but when you are into photography and you literally have a terabyte of photos, it becomes a pricey and complicated venture. I was referring to my actual iMac. I like it and it was pricey!

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
                          OK to be really serious for a moment, for all of you who said your computers -- back your shit up on the cloud!!! I totally understand if you love your computer and would want to save it, but hardware is fragile and all your photos could be gone in a moment. Seriously, back your shit up.
                          Who do you back up with?
                          -Ladybug

Comment

DH puts all his important stuff on Google Drive, and I got a whole bunch of Dropbox space free with some software purchase a while back, so we both just manually back up on those for now. I have enough space for all my photos and music, so it's working for now. After a recent hardware crash though, we're both probably just going to get carbonite or something like that so we don't have to remember to do it ourselves.

Comment

Backblaze, unlimited storage. iDrive is pretty good too.
                              Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X