Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Not on vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not on vacation

Can I just vent about my bf being on vacation with his friends? He's in Thailand for over 2 weeks as a break before starting residency, which is really great for him, but I couldn't go because of work (he couldn't just wait a couple months...)

So while I'm really happy for him (and as my friend pointed out, "being in med school + great vacation is still worse than our lives"), there's just nothing like coming to the office for another long day and reading his e mail about the gorgeous beaches, elephant rides, temples, bamboo rafts, etc etc etc...

And of course when I want him to travel with me, he can't because of family, time, money, whatever. I just get frustrated about it at times.

thanks for letting me throw my tantrum

-Esther

I hear that vent!! DH just got back from 6 weeks in Africa ( not vacation though) and his pictures are amazing. I stayed at my parents and went house hunting with a 7 week old. I would have been on the plane with him in a second if it had been an option.

I have been to Thailand before. It is so amazing and wonderful, I hope you get a chance to go with him next time.
    Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Sueanne...I can't BELIEVE that the 6 weeks are already over...I remember when you were just talking about him going. Wow, how time flies.

But onto the rant of the day about vacations...

Can I just grumble and complain that Kelly is in Orlando while I'm stuck here in rainy, cold MN?

kris
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

More griping from me -

I have never had a vacation! I would love to go on a real one someday!!! As it is I can't even afford to go back to Texas this year. (Sorry, I have to use all of the negative emotion smilies in order to convey my extreme and utter frustration).

Thailand sounds cool - so does Africa and Orlando....

Jennifer
        Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
        With fingernails that shine like justice
        And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel
          More griping from me -

I have never had a vacation! I would love to go on a real one someday!!! As it is I can't even afford to go back to Texas this year. (Sorry, I have to use all of the negative emotion smilies in order to convey my extreme and utter frustration).

Thailand sounds cool - so does Africa and Orlando....

Jennifer
          I thought you were going this summer? No??

Comment

Working...
          X