Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Location, location, location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location, location, location

Where's your happy place? What does your place look like? Why?

Urban, suburban, or rural? Number of people?

Mountains, plains, lakes, desert, or beach? What's your landscape?

Cold, four seasons, or hot?

Specific city?

Close to family or far away?

Apartment, home, condo, or farm? Rent or own?

Old and charming or new place?

Politically liberal, conservative, or swing?

What do you need access to (airport, religious community, good schools, cultural opportunities, job market, sports)? What's most important? What are you willing to compromise on?

Is your current locale where you hope to stay?
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Home right now. It's what I've always wanted. A nice warm location, my dream house, my family.

Suburban. I need access to the city but don't want to be in the middle of it all, I need my retreat. I like suburbs of cities around 1-2 million people.

Mountains, plains, lakes, desert, or beach? What's your landscape? I do miss mountains. I miss the desert. I like the beach. Pretty much everything is okay except plains.

In a perfect world it'd be between 65-85 degrees every day. But, I'll take hot over cold any day. I'm just happier with sunshine.

Specific city? I love it here in Orlando, but I'm sure I could be happy other places too.

Close to family or far away? Depends on which family.

Home. Own.

New. I don't really understand old house love.

I'd love to live somewhere more liberal.

What do you need access to (airport, religious community, good schools, cultural opportunities, job market, sports)? What's most important? What are you willing to compromise on?

Airport, good schools, things to do, good weather. I'll compromise on sports teams (I do miss going to Utes games), job market, and I don't care about churches.

Yup. I want big gnarled roots.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher View Post

Home right now. It's what I've always wanted. A nice warm location, my dream house, my family.

Suburban. I need access to the city but don't want to be in the middle of it all, I need my retreat. I like suburbs of cities around 1-2 million people.

Mountains, plains, lakes, desert, or beach? What's your landscape? I do miss mountains. I miss the desert. I like the beach. Pretty much everything is okay except plains.

In a perfect world it'd be between 65-85 degrees every day. But, I'll take hot over cold any day. I'm just happier with sunshine.

Specific city? I love it here in Orlando, but I'm sure I could be happy other places too.

Close to family or far away? Depends on which family.

Home. Own.

New. I don't really understand old house love.

I'd love to live somewhere more liberal.

Airport, good schools, things to do, good weather. I'll compromise on sports teams (I do miss going to Utes games), job market, and I don't care about churches.

Yup. I want big gnarled roots.
      OMG Heidi, your answers perfectly mimic mine! I've lived in warm, dry, mountainous desert cities my whole life and am about to move to a hot, humid coastal city of only 380K population. I'm looking forward to being near beaches and lakes, but I think I'm going to really miss the mountains and wonder if I'll be able to hack the humidity.
      Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Near the beach somewhere warm.

Urban or suburban.

Mountains, plains, lakes, desert, or beach? What's your landscape?

Beach. Palm trees. Thick summer air.

Who needs seasons when it can always be summer!

Specific city?
        I would love to live in Cali or Florida

Close to family or far away?
        Far away

Home or condo

New

Liberal

Airport is huge, as we love to travel. Weather is huge for me, I will compromise on anything to get the weather I like!
        Brandi
        Wife to PGY3 Rads also proud mother of three spoiled dogs!! Some days it is hectic, but I wouldn't trade this for anything.

Comment

LSW, I'm with you on most of these! At least with Cleveland, it's still hills, forests and there's a lot of art and old architecture type things to be had downtown that still remain for the city's heyday. We also have liberals, although they are pretty evenly split with conservatives and election season is torture.

I do miss being connected to so many other cities and locales though. The east coast is just smaller -- it's a couple hours to everything, it seems, not five-seven hours to anything.

Angie
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Working...
          X