Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Ideas for Bf's birthday?? HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for Bf's birthday?? HELP

I forgot to ask.. I'm stuggling with some ideas for my bf's birthday.. he has like no hobbies other than studying and well I wouldn't exactly call that a hobby .. again he's a 2nd yr Med Student and all he does is STUDY!
    I was thinking of getting him a palm pilot, since he said he needed a new one.. Any recommendations on any type?? Do doctors need a specific one?? Any help there would be great..
    Then I thought maybe a game cube/Xbox/PS2.. but he has no time now, will he have time later to play??
    I think the only thing I decided on was a cake, for the both of us.. his birthday is 12 days after mine.. so we are celebrating together.. so its kinda hard because I have no clue what he got me..
    Any help would be so appreciated..

Thanks,

Can't recommend a specific type of Palm Pilot but I know that DH really liked having one and used it a lot 3rd and 4th year.

Comment

Yeah he'll definitely need a pda, but he might want to pick out his own. My bf is very particular about his sony clie (which he broke... N.B. do not keep it in your white coat chest pocket-- you'd think a smart med student would know better )

A game system would be a fun stress reliever for him-- they can always find time to play Just as long as it doesn't drive you insane!

Massage gift certificates are good gifts. Does he play cards? I bought my bf a nice set of poker chips after he took Step 2.

-Esther

Comment

Originally posted by BumbleBee
        My bf is very particular about his sony clie (which he broke... N.B. do not keep it in your white coat chest pocket-- you'd think a smart med student would know better )
        I agree! Those PDAs do not take falls very well. We've been through 2. It was ok in his chest pocket when the jacket was on....but he'd take it off and throw it over arm and CRASH!. Palm will replace it for $100, I think, and that is how I got my "hand my down" Palm. Which I really don't use anymore.

Comment

My husband has gone through three since medical school- He has a Clie now and likes it. I have never used one, don't have much need for one and truly don't need one more thing to carry on the road with me. Lots of the doctors at the hospital apparently have those Blackberry things.

Good luck!

Jenn

Comment

A palm is a great idea. I got my husband one a few years back and he's lost without it. His school "gives" all the students one at the end of 2nd year, though I'm sure its included in tuition somewhere. So lucky me, I get a hand-me-down palm as well. Maybe I'll use it to schedule the baby's naptimes!

My husband would love and hate to have a game system. He loves to play but he would hate all the time he would spend with it.

Finding good gifts for some people is so hard (my dad comes to mind). My husband spends most of his time studying too. I actually got him a medical encyclopedia once, but that is something he had to pick out on his own. Its something he uses, but not exactly what I would call exciting. Good luck and if you come up with something let me know!

Comment

Working...
            X