Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Posting 1/2 naked pics on FB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting 1/2 naked pics on FB

What's up with this? Am I just old?

I have a friend who constantly posts very provocative pole dancing pics and makes them her profile pic. She is 45 and has a whole pole dancing album.

I have a co-worker (21) who posts her going out on the town pics in booty shorts and tank top showing belly.

33 year old mom posting her 38 week pregnancy pics in a bikini.

Moms my age posting their on the beach in a bikini pics.

Am I just ready for the old folks home?

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of my Facebook friends are under 30 and I actually see this pretty rarely
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Everyone has their own comfort level I suppose, for example, I don't post ANY pictures.
      Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

I have a friend (we don't really know each other. Grad school acquaintances ) who posts videos of poll dancing. Holy shit is it impressive.

Comment

I've got a cousin my age who teaches Pilates and models. She posts all kinds on bikini shots etc. I think it's because her body is her business, basically. She's just showing off how well it works.
          Angie
          Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
          Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

I have had a number of fellow students posting pretty skimpy gym selfies for awhile now. It isn't something I do myself and it has bothered my in the past when I wasn't particularly secure about myself. Now if people's post continually annoy me I just unfollow them so I don't get them in my newsfeed. Social media can be a strange thing But no I don't thinks its about age I think its about your own comfort level and our underlying reasons for posting what we post. We are all very unique
            ~ Mental Health Occupational Therapist, lover of horses, CrossFit, coffee, and the country (previously engaged to an MS4 and aspiring NSG) ~

Comment

I only have one friend who does this. He's a body builder. He does competitions and so forth. He went to school with my husband and had a side job, um, dancing. His wife is a body builder too. Outside of our wedding reception, I don't think I've ever seen a photo of him with his shirt on. He basically takes advantage of any opportunity he has to show off his body. Just the other day, he posted a family portrait session with their newborn. The whole family is clothed except for him.
              Last edited by MrsK; 06-29-2015, 02:56 PM.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                Just the other day, he posted a family portrait session with their newborn. The whole family is clothed except for him.
                This made me spit my coffee because I actually LOLd.

I do not have anyone that takes half clothed pics and posts on FB...well, except pics taken at the beach/pool/lake. They are usually with their kids and I think the clothing (or lack thereof) is appropriate for the setting.
                Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                  Just the other day, he posted a family portrait session with their newborn. The whole family is clothed except for him.
                  Hahaha!

Comment

So I'm going to be 100% honest. If I had a slammin' bod, I would totally post a few bikini pictures. Not posed or anything, but if I happened to be in a bikini and someone was snapping photos, I wouldn't run and hide.

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
                      So I'm going to be 100% honest. If I had a slammin' bod, I would totally post a few bikini pictures. Not posed or anything, but if I happened to be in a bikini and someone was snapping photos, I wouldn't run and hide.
                      Yeah, this is kind of how I see it with the people I know. They've worked hard on those bodies and are showing them off.

Angie
                      Angie
                      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                      Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by MrsK View Post

Haha this quote made me laugh my head off and then keep laughing at the comments that followed.

I am picturing a rather peculiar looking family portrait
                        ~ Mental Health Occupational Therapist, lover of horses, CrossFit, coffee, and the country (previously engaged to an MS4 and aspiring NSG) ~

Comment

Working...
                        X