Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Elective rotations??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elective rotations??

Hello everyone,
    So I'm sure there is a better spot for this question but I don't know where that is.
    DF has 2 elective rotations (I don't know the proper name) to do over the nov to jan period between MS3 and MS4. The timetable confuses me as it's an IMG but he is the US. Annnnywho I'm wondering if there is some sort of timeframe for when these elective rotation dates are realised? We are hoping he might have a small break between rotations during which time Id fly over. I've been patiently waiting so thought I'd ask thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ Mental Health Occupational Therapist, lover of horses, CrossFit, coffee, and the country (previously engaged to an MS4 and aspiring NSG) ~

I'm pretty sure it is going to be school dependent :/

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Do you mean away rotations? Or just electives within his program?
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Just electives with his program.

~ Mental Health Occupational Therapist, lover of horses, CrossFit, coffee, and the country (previously engaged to an MS4 and aspiring NSG) ~

Comment

Yah, like ST said, it's all school specific. He should be able to ask someone though, because it should be somewhat standard. Are they off during that time? Or working, and that's just when they do electives? If I remember correctly, once hubby hit MS3, they had maybe a week or two off at a time for holidays/summer, but mostly they were just in rotations constantly through the two years, with the exception of months off in MS4 for interviews. All rotations were in 4-6 week blocks, and whatever you did, whether it was a required rotation, a home elective, or an away, it had to fit into one of those blocks. At some point they all got information about what tracks were available - everybody was grouped into a track and took the rotations together in a certain order - and what electives were available for the months they had electives. Does that help?
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Elective rotations??

Yes that does help a lot thank you
            He has 8 week required rotations with 1 week 'off' in between which like everyone else he currently fills with the usual additional surgeries, research, and step study. Next year he's planning away rotations in those 1 week periods. Last required MS3 rotation ends around mid nov then electives are scheduled from then till start of MS4 in early jan. It's all good I shall just wait patiently and keep saving for horrendously expensive flights 😝 he's soooooooo worth it though ☺️

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X