Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Destination Wedding Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is really making me want a cruise/resort vacation. Carry on!

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
      I can tell you that the last thing I'd want to do after my wedding would be to edit photographs taken by friends. We paid for something like 100 edited images from the photographer as well as discs of all of the unretouched images. I still have yet to go through the discs. There are thousands of photos and it would truly be a huge undertaking to examine them all and then figure out how to edit them. Get the photographer.
      ha so true! Unless of course I find myself sitting at home bored alone while my DH works 100+hr work weeks! Maybe I should look into photography class, then when the time comes I'll have something to do lol (but don't worry I'm totally going to be getting a photographer!)
      Paramedic and dog lover, girlfriend to an MS1, here to find friends and support during this journey

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
        We were married in Jamaica as well -- just the two of us, no friends or family present. We had an informal reception/party one Sunday afternoon after we returned for all the would-be guests. For us it was perfect, and FAR cheaper than if we'd done the whole deal at home. I recommend destination weddings to anyone who will listen . We did not do an all-inclusive resort but I hired a wedding coordinator who was on the island to take care of all the paperwork and logistics and also hired a photographer on the island whose work I was very pleased with. We spent 10 days there, 5 in Negril, getting married on the 5th day, then "honeymooned" at an all-inclusive on the other side of the island in Ocho Rios for the other 5 days.
        That sounds amazing! I love the intimacy of the whole thing but yet the photographer is still there to capture the moments for family and friends to enjoy when you get back! I definitely want to look into it and when the time comes book well in advance. Do you have any suggestions on finding a wedding coordinator or how to choose the right one?
        Paramedic and dog lover, girlfriend to an MS1, here to find friends and support during this journey

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
          Not a destination wedding but destination vow renewal. I also hated the whole hoopla of wedding planning and do not remember the months before my wedding as pleasant...looking back, I should have been on Xanax. No lie, I broke out in hives at the flower shop. That is when I realized that DH and I prefer experiences over things.

Anyway, on our tenth we went to Placencia, Belize. We hired a local photographer which was pretty cool since she also included a day trip into the little town. Being a local, she took us to all her favorite spots and took candids of us along the way. Those are actually my favs.

Highly recommend destination weddings. All seem drama free.
          That sounds like it was beautiful and just perfect for the two of you! I definitely enjoy cherishing moments like that and the candid photographs, as nice as the done-up ones are, candids are so real and show us in moments when we are just being ourselves. I enjoy photographers that like to capture those memories as much as the staged ones. What a memorable time you must have had and very special! I hope to plan a perfect getaway like that on our 10th wedding anniversary too someday

Comment

[QUOTE=Sheherezade;776590]The all inclusive we visited in Mexico last year had an old chapel on site. It was set up for an evening wedding when we were there, lots of flowers and big racks of candles. Apparently, they do a lot of destination weddings. It was a beautiful place. (That's a stock image I found online, not from our trip.)

http://www.grandpalladiumrivieramaya.com

Beautiful! My SO has mentioned Hawaii so far in our chats about it, but I have also brought up Mexico It looks like such a beautiful place. I wonder the price difference between all-inclusive resorts in the different locations (Hawaii, Jamaica, Mexico, etc.) If they're all the same I don't know how you choose! They all look amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by rufflesanddots View Post
              This thread is really making me want a cruise/resort vacation. Carry on!

Me too! What a fun thing to think and dream about!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnea View Post
                That sounds amazing! I love the intimacy of the whole thing but yet the photographer is still there to capture the moments for family and friends to enjoy when you get back! I definitely want to look into it and when the time comes book well in advance. Do you have any suggestions on finding a wedding coordinator or how to choose the right one?
                I forget how we found ours, online somehow. I remember being fairly active on The Knot forums way back when, maybe I found her there? I honestly have no clue lol (super helpful I know :/ ). We had a very simple ceremony and really I just needed someone who was familiar with the local laws to get the paperwork drawn up for us and to find us an officiant so I didn't need much. Many, perhaps most, of the resorts have wedding packages that will take care of all of those details for you too.

If you're curious, here is the resort where we were married: http://tensingpen.com. There is another resort very similar to that one just down the street called Rockhouse (http://www.rockhouse.com) that's really popular with weddings. We ended up going with Tensing Pen because they were a good deal cheaper at the time though it looks like now they're about even if not more expensive.

This was the view from our cottage. We were married on that cliff where those chairs are in the photo.
                1910360_511658610086_662_n.jpg
                Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Originally posted by niener View Post
                  I forget how we found ours, online somehow. I remember being fairly active on The Knot forums way back when, maybe I found her there? I honestly have no clue lol (super helpful I know :/ ). We had a very simple ceremony and really I just needed someone who was familiar with the local laws to get the paperwork drawn up for us and to find us an officiant so I didn't need much. Many, perhaps most, of the resorts have wedding packages that will take care of all of those details for you too.

If you're curious, here is the resort where we were married: http://tensingpen.com. There is another resort very similar to that one just down the street called Rockhouse (http://www.rockhouse.com) that's really popular with weddings. We ended up going with Tensing Pen because they were a good deal cheaper at the time though it looks like now they're about even if not more expensive.

This was the view from our cottage. We were married on that cliff where those chairs are in the photo.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]3257[/ATTACH]
                  That view though.. breath taking! What a special place! I hope I can turn all of my dreams into reality! Thank you for the links, I'll definitely be checking them out!

Comment

We went to Rockhouse for our honeymoon, and it was BEAUTIFUL. Definitely would be a gorgeous place for a wedding.

Comment

Working...
                    X