Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Halloween plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween plans?

Just opened a $55 bottle of champagne I got on the cheap and gonna watch a movie with DH. Love my life.

What is everyone else up to?

Sounds magical! I'm hanging out alone at home waiting for trick or treaters (we usually get about...five?) while DH takes the kids out around the neighborhood. Some Australian Cabernet that he got on wine.com is in my glass, FWIW. We'll turn our lights out as early as we dare, and DH will head in to work because he picked up a night shift tonight. Then it's just me and the kids and the empty house! :woot:
    Alison

Comment

Jealous! Halloween happened here last night. Hubby had to go see a consult that took forever, so I handed out candy with E. Every time the doorbell rang or someone knocked, she made me pick her up, so I carried her and the candy bowl to the door (it wasn't by the door because I had to keep it out of her reach). I turned the lights out at 8 and put her to bed, then ate a few pieces of candy and watched Netflix while knitting. I'm pretty sure there will be more candy, Netflix, and knitting tonight, and maybe a bath. So exciting...
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Well, DH thought he was going to be home early but he was so, so wrong... So I handed out candy with my little astronaut all day. Milwaukee does trick or treat from 1-4 and our neighborhood does it from 6-8, plus it was rainy, so we basically stayed inside all day and got stir crazy. Not the best Halloween.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Went trick or treating with Dh and O. It was fun. Now we are feasting on candy and I just hit my limit.
          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Some friends from med school were visiting from Missouri, so we had pizza with them and then went trick or treating for about an hour. It was a ton of fun!

So much candy, though. Oy
            Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

We got four trick-or-treaters, and a car that got stuck trying to turn around in our driveway. >.< I felt so awful for the lady who was driving, she was feeling so frustrated with herself and overwhelmed and I was SO empathetic about it. I just tried to reassure her, helped to push her car a few times -- I had to stop her from just revving it and spinning the tires, and she never quite got the hang of the rocking movement that's needed to loosen a stuck car -- and finally DH came out and figured out that with me to guide him ("mon-backing" is what my Southern relatives call it, as in 'mon back, 'mon back, STOP!) we could back it out down the lawn and onto an adjacent parking lot. Problem-solving ER docs for the win! I still think that my Alaska driving instincts would have gotten it out eventually, but this was much classier.

Um, and we bought four bags of candy for those four trick-or-treaters. I have been gorging myself on Snickers and Kit Kats for two days now and it isn't pretty.
              Alison

Comment

Hubby had Saturday off but working 24 today. We've been watching a lot of Vikings on History channel, so we dressed up as Lagertha and Ragnar Lothbrok. The cat donned his usual ill fitting small dog costume. It was a good weekend.
                uploadfromtaptalk1446418607918.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1446418639577.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                Grace

Comment

Originally posted by gcuthbe1 View Post
                  We've been watching a lot of Vikings on History channel, so we dressed up as Lagertha and Ragnar Lothbrok.
                  That's awesome!! You guys look great!

We took the kids to a (very small) comic con at our local mall, and they got second place for their costumes in the kids' competition. After that, we had pizza and went trick or treating down two streets, and we were done. We had lots of trick or treaters, so that was fun.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Working...
                  X