Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Derby weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derby weekend

....someday, when we have some breathing room, financially speaking, it would be so much fun to attend the Kentucky Derby and all the festivities that surround it. It looks like so much fun!

Anyone been there, done that??

Not me, but I can make a mean "mint julep".
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I have lived in Kentucky my entire life and I just attended my first Kentucky Derby on Saturday. We celebrated in style--box seats, hats, mint juleps at 9 a.m. We had a great time, and have promised ourselves we will return when Will is a "real doctor."

The festivities leading up to the Derby are always lots of fun, and most are free. Everyone should attend at least once.

Comment

How fun! I would love to go sometime too.

-Esther

Comment

Ah...that is what I want to hear....FREE stuff!!! Sign me up!!!!

Comment

That's on our "want to do" list too--I love any excuse to wear hats (and drink at 9AM!). I'd love to go to Ascot too--but I understand that's a little harder to get into.

Comment

I'd love to go to this someday! My sister is a "horse person" (I think some people just have it in their blood) and this is a life-long dream of hers as well. Something we'll have to save for the "post-training" days I suppose.
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

We went every year in undergrad and partied in the low brow in-field. Derby weekend is usually right around graduation weekend so there were many a bloodshot eyes at pomp and circumstance. It was a lot of fun but it seemed weird to get there 8 hours early to watch a 2 minute horse race. Hmmm. Maybe we went for other reasons.

<sigh> I miss my "Ol' Kentucky Home".

Kelly
                In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

When I was in college we went to the in-field at Preakness, too. We'd bring in a cooler of wine in a box and munchies and sit in the sun all day. It was always the first HOT day of the year.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                  X