Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Alex's girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex's girlfriend

She is wonderful. Absolutely fantastic. They celebrated their 6 month anniversary yesterday with cards that said "I love you"! 😱. It's so funny ... we went to the mall and he wanted to buy her an $8 bottle of perfume because "that's what guys do". I suggested a cute silver heart necklace (reasonably priced) and he told me it was "socially inappropriate". After walking around the mall talking for 30 minutes, he decided on the necklace. 😉

Honestly, she has been the best thing for Alex. He has gone from being a straight C student to straight A's in honors classes. He does chores and keeps his room clean.

His girlfriend texts me and friended me on FB. She came to me for comfort when her grandmother died.

I told Alex that she is the one LOL because I need a daughter-in-law that likes me!!!

Last night, her mom, who is one of the very popular moms in my town friended me on FB. I scrubbed away half of my FB posts before accepting her request. (Imagine my surprise to find that other FB posts I had removed from my timeline had reappeared and had to be removed again!)

I feel so happy that Alex has someone so awesome in his life. This family takes Alex to their cabin regularly, and I've also brought his girlfriend to our cabin. (Separate bedrooms of course.)

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Sooooooooooooo sweet!!!

FYI - I have three sisters, they all married the men they met at age 15 / 16!!!
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

After college!!!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Awesome!! DH and I started dating when we were 16.
        Laurie
        My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Haha us too

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Yay. There is hope!

Comment

High school sweethearts here, too!

Comment

I would have been gah-gah over DH if I'd known him in high school, but not sure he would have found me so interesting. We probably would have hated each other in college (liberal hippy v. b-school frat star). Glad we found each other a few years after, though!

Comment

That's cute! She sounds like a nice girl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                  Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                  Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Another here who married my high school boyfriend. Either way, I'm glad she's been a positive addition to your lives!
                    Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

So many awesome stories. I will be heartbroken if hey break up. I know they probably will at some ointment 😪 but a mom can help.

Comment

We met at 18/19 - not quite high school sweethearts, because we were college freshmen, but still babies!
                        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I saw a picture of them they are super-cute.
                          -Ladybug

Comment

Happy for you.

Our middle one has been dating a girl for 6 months and I am also amazed at the change she has wrought in him. She is great!!! She is a pastor's daughter and since he is going to be a pastor, she knows what she is getting into. When he came home a couple of weeks ago to tell us he wanted to change schools to be at hers and gave us all of the "reasons" why it was best, we listened and asked a lot of questions and gave him things to consider.. When he called his girlfriend, she said the same exact thing that my husband did.. We knew we liked that girl. Plus, her favorite musical of all time is Sound of Music, just like me!!!

Anyway, this has been our only girlfriend experience around here and I really like it! Glad Alex has found a good one and hopefully both of our boys keep them!

Comment

Working...
                            X