Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

SAHM capsule wardrobe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I might find the same thing about Frye boots ^^^. Especially because even out with the kids, there's a lot of playing on the ground, etc that makes boots not as comfortable. Plus I have Hunter boots I just got on super sale and I do have a lower brown boot to wear under jeans.

But the loafers...man, I might need those. I'm not always a ballet flat kind of girl so the loafers could be great with jeans whereas I could wear my Sperry's (a sailor always has Sperry's) with the ponte pants I just ordered. I find if I order shoes or clothes without knowing what I'll pair it with, it won't get worn!
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I don't wear shoes in the house. Just socks. Kids too. I wear the boots out in the Fall. In the spring and summer, I wear converse or loafers. I also have wedge sandals for dressier stuff. But, I'm not a "let's run outside and look at bugs" kind of mom. I'm more of a "let's do crafts/have a puppet show/go to open gym/go to the library" kind of mom.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

When I try to layer I end up looking like this https://www.google.com/search?q=feed+the+birds&espv=2&biw=1821&bih=794&si te=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNsc nN0YPKAhXEbSYKHa6VBUoQ_AUIBygC&dpr=0.75#imgrc=fFP9 7f_jNzpIZM%3A
        so I'm not one to give fashion advice. BUT I have these tweed hush puppy flats that I love and have worn for years. They are so comfy and make a jeans or leggings outfit look more pulled together! http://www.dsw.com/shoe/hush+puppies+chaste+tweed+ballet+flat?prodId=dsw12 prod4920002
        -Mommy, FM wife, Disney Planner and Hoosier

Comment

I found these on sale at Nord Rack. They are absurdly comfortable. Do these work for loafers/in lieu of ballet flats? I'm not really a ballet flat person.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451494675.975640.jpg
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
            I found these on sale at Nord Rack. They are absurdly comfortable. Do these work for loafers/in lieu of ballet flats? I'm not really a ballet flat person.

[ATTACH]3377[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post

[ATTACH]3377[/ATTACH]
              Quoting

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Oooh!! I really like them! I am a fan of the tassles.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

And I figured if the tassels seem outdated, I could have then replaced with leather ties.

They were $63 at Rack [MENTION=4468]rufflesanddots[/MENTION] and they have multiple pairs (at Southpoint). I bet you could easily get in your size.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I may scoot over there tomorrow. I always forget about the Rack, which is probably great for my bank account but really boring for my closet.

Comment

Lol & [MENTION=2974]TigerLily[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Does anyone else read C. Style? She's s fashion blogger/personal stylist with kids and her body type is WAY different than mine, but I love her style and especially the sneakers and flats she posts.

Comment

I don't. I'm not finding the link though.

Comment

Here ya go! http://cstyleblog.com/

Comment

Hmm, she dresses quite a be more "city chic" than I'm used to.

Now I'm totally regretting not looking for button downs at Rack. I see some cute ones at Jcrew but I'd rather not pay for shipping.

Comment

Doesn't Jcrew sometimes have free shipping? I ordered a half dozen pairs of jeans from them when I was a few months postpartum, so I could try them all on at home and return all but one pair for free. They sell Jcrew Factory on their website now, too, and it's usually WAY cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X