Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Dropping salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping salaries

After offering the ER docs a 50% paycut, the hospital just dropped Hospitalist salaries by 15% effective now. They are also demanding that the hospitalists drastically reduce dictations because they no longer want to pay transcriptionists. If the docs can't get things much shorter they are facing up to 15% more in loss of pay. The only option is typing notes themselves.

Just beating the drum of positivity here.

It's going to get bad.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

The new administration sounds awful. Wow.
    Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
    Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Holy Sh!t!!!
      -Ladybug

Comment

Ugh. That sucks big time.

Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

There needs to be an exodus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Holy crud! Just when you think medicine is out of fresh Hell, it whips up another batch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
              There needs to be an exodus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              +1

Comment

There is an exodus. It's scary. People are saying FU.

I just don't want to be part of the exodus. 😞. I have my job, which I love.

This is just all such bullshit.

Alex was trying to decide if he wanted to study Medicine or Architecture. Thomas set him straight. Architecture it is.

Kris

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

You don't want to leave but it's worse to be the last man standing. Believe me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

It isn't much better here!
                    Luanne
                    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That's terrible news. Employee morale is going to hit rock bottom.

Comment

This sounds awful.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm so sorry. I hope things turn around before you guys have to be one of the ones to leave. I get it - DH's job isn't anywhere near that bad, but there's a good chance we'd be better off if we moved, but we also don't want to, especially me.
                          Laurie
                          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/bu...T.nav=top-news

You guys see this?
                            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                              This sounds like DrK. He sees a lot of geriatric patients and has on many occasions had dementia patients who are having strokes, breaking hips, having heart attacks, etc while on his ward. He has to diagnose these things and get them stabelized but can't bill for it. Also, planning for the patients' discharge and speaking with families eat up a lot of his time. In psych, he cannot treat a patient and then release them to homes that are unsafe for them, where they are abused, where they may abuse others, or into homelessness. But he doesn't get any brownie points for providing that level of care.

Comment

Working...
                              X