Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Our neighbors are jerks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our neighbors are jerks.

I'm so pissed! Our two neighbors work together, clear the ice, and make a huge ice rink in the pond each year. This year, it encroaches on our property. They use lights that shine into Aidan's room at night and keep him up. It's annoying. We have never said anything and we've never gone on the ice.

Today, Aidan and his friend walked to our house and played on the part of the ice on our property. The neighbors came outside and screamed at them to get off of their property. They scared both boys.

I was not meant to live around people.

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Wow. What assholes. Start smashing up the ice that's on your property. If they ask tell them it's dangerous and you don't want it on your property.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

What happens if someone gets hurt on the part that is on your property? People suck!!!
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Asshats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Needs

Comment

Jerks! I'd salt the part on my property...
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Salt and hot water?
            -Ladybug

Comment

Yes, I would be melting that ice! If someone did get hurt, I bet those neighbors would quickly agree that it is on your property.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
              Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
              Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Adults? Wtf is wrong with them?

Wife of a PGY-6
                Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

We live in a townhouse and after a family party two years ago the neighbor came over and demanded we keep off his property claiming there were children invading his privacy. The kids were around 2 years old. Seriously he could have stepped out and said something that day instead of being an ass. Now we put up bright orange temp fencing to keep the kids in our yard when we have parties.

Wife of a PGY-6
                  Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaNicole View Post
                    We live in a townhouse and after a family party two years ago the neighbor came over and demanded we keep off his property claiming there were children invading his privacy. The kids were around 2 years old. Seriously he could have stepped out and said something that day instead of being an ass. Now we put up bright orange temp fencing to keep the kids in our yard when we have parties.

Wife of a PGY-6
                    Meanwhile, our neighbors objected when we wanted to fence the yard because they say the neighborhood kids (all grown and moved away) used to enjoy playing football across multiple back yards. They think we shouldn't fence because our toddlers may someday want to do that too. Meanwhile, I can't let my kids play outside without keeping them at arms length, worrying that they will chase stray balls into the street, or get a swing set or a dog because I don't have a fenced yard.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassy
                      Rubbing alcohol and water for ice melt! Or salt. And so many middle fingers.
                      So many! Seriously what jerks!
                      Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

Meanwhile, our neighbors objected when we wanted to fence the yard because they say the neighborhood kids (all grown and moved away) used to enjoy playing football across multiple back yards. They think we shouldn't fence because our toddlers may someday want to do that too. Meanwhile, I can't let my kids play outside without keeping them at arms length, worrying that they will chase stray balls into the street, or get a swing set or a dog because I don't have a fenced yard.
                        That's ridiculous. You live in the suburbs. People have fences
                        Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

In my neighborhood a lot of houses including mine don't have fences. Everywhere I've lived, every house has a fence. It struck me as odd and it's one of the top things on my list to do. I hate not having the privacy and not being able to just toss the dogs outside to do their business.
                          Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I was thinking about just sending the boys to play in the neighbor's yard a couple times. See how they feel about my kids trampling their flower beds.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                            Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

[MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION]

I would kill them with kindness, but this wouldn't stop me at all. Seriously. Buy the damn fence.
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X