Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Goodbye....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye....

....Friends.

Anyone else a little misty eyed that the "Friends" have grown up and moved on? I know that our household is.

Did anyone see the final episode. I love how Monica and Chandler were able to leave their hours-old infant twins in the apartment while they broke apart the fusball table. Now that is some Hollywood magic.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

No fair...that post title really freaked me out, Kelly. I couldn't imagine why you were saying good-bye to all of us.

That's so sad. I hate to see longstanding shows end. Life is hard enough, why not keep the fantasy going for longer. I hate to see tv characters grow up and move on ...what else happened?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Helllloooo to Nellie. I guess I heard that Friends was ending. And, come to think of it, did hear something about that yesterday that must have failed to register.
      Can you give me the Cliff Notes version?

Comment

There's a definite nostalgia factor. I very much remember being in college and watching that first season unfold--my roommate and I had a Thursday-night ritual of going over to her boyfriend's apartment and watching it with him and his roommate and then debating how long it would take Ross and Rachel to realize they loved each other. It was a depiction of adulthood that held a lot of appeal at that point. I remember the roommate actually clapped when Rachel and Ross finally kissed for the first time, and we all made fun of him. Ha ha!

For me it started to lose appeal when Ross and Emily's marriage broke up because of Rachel (can't these people ever move forward?) but hung on because I liked the Monica/Chandler plotline . . . but then it totally jumped the shark for me with Rachel's pregnancy.

Overall, though, I think it's earned its place in the sitcom hall of fame. :P
        Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
        Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
        Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

DH and I used to watch Friends when it first started but then would miss episodes and every once in awhile watch one and not know what the heck was going on. We can't remember the last time we saw an episode in the last couple of years. I watched the last 15 minutes of yesterday's show and the whole time wondered what the heck happened to Ross and Rachel's baby? Didn't they have one? What happened to their baby I'd like to know!

Comment

I think Rachel had one of those disappearing babies who are constantly in day care or watched by relatives/friends.

I confess to watching the last episode. I haven't watched the show in about two years but I suddenly found myself plopped on the sofa watching it. It wasn't that great an episode as plotlines go. BUT, I had the same nostalgic feeling that Julie mentioned. I know I am NOT old but for one instant I felt old somehow. How's that for weird? I first began watching the show my sophomore year in college and now here I am, 29, and ten years have gone by! Maybe the feeling came from the realization of those ten years of my life that flew by?

Oh well.... Makes me miss the Cosby Show, too.

Jennifer
            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
            With fingernails that shine like justice
            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

We watched it too. We watched prettly religiously the first 8 seasons but the last two years we haven't really been into it. That said, I did want to see the final episode to find out how they wrapped things up. I thought it was a nice episode, it was kind of predictable, but I would have been a little annoyed if they didn't end it with Ross and Rachel together.
              I was a little humored about how little attention the twin newborns required. Also, was it just me, or did they dc the twins from the hospital the day they were born??
              I'm curious to see how Joey's new show works out. Seems like it is destined to flop, but I could be wrong...
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I couldn't stomach that show....like I don't get enough whining from my two year old, I gotta listen to a bunch of yuppies whine for a half hour each week?
                But I did watch some of the final episode
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

Ok...I admit, we watched what we could of the last one.....

One thing that really bothered me about it....and this where I can pick apart shows/movies and totally make it worthless..., is Rachel was moving to Paris, right? She was taking her child I assume(?), she had been living with Joey but when she was on the plane, there was a scene in Joey's apartment where the door was open to what was Rachel's room and it was still decorated with a giant E on the wall and other things....Hello? Are you not moving all your kids stuff with you to another contintent???

Just my little knit-pick....

Comment

Well, going along with Matt's criticism of the show....

Why couldn't Ross just move to Paris with Rachel? I mean, if the job was that fabulous and she would love it then why couldn't he just do his professor/research thing at a university out there?

I guess I am viewing this from the perspective of having to traipse around the world for my husband's career - so why the heck couldn't Ross do the same? :P

Jennifer
                    Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                    With fingernails that shine like justice
                    And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Didn't Ross also have a son at one point? I know I haven't watched the show for a while, but whatever became of him? Did he fall into the sitcom plotline abyss?

Comment

We really enjoyed this sitcom too, but I agree with all of the criticisms (RE: children conveniently appearing and reappearing). As much as I hate to see this show go off the air, I have said that this was a long time coming. Seriously, all of the characters were getting a little old to be living this lifestyle and it did seem like it was time for them to settle down. Lisa Kudrow is either 40 or near 40 with a son in elementary school... a little too old to be playing the free hippy flitting through life. (Whoa...I'm sounding like an ol' biddy. Please pass my cane.)

Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

LOL, that is entertainment!!!!!!
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
                          X