Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

On the market...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news, Matt.....makes all the work you did worthwhile, huh? I am glad for you guys.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Hey Matt-

What a great feeling!

We go to settlement tomorrow on our new place. (Three weeks from contract to done deal- I'm trying not to freak!)

Jenn

Comment

That was so quick I didn't even get to post a good luck!!! Congratulations---the housing market must be hot still, or med spouses just rock at real estate. It doesn't seem like any houses (at least MSN houses) sit for more than a few weeks these days. Congratulations again!!

Angie
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by goofy
          That was so quick I didn't even get to post a good luck!!!
          No kidding!!! Congratulations, Matt! We just sold our house to after it was on the market for about 2 weeks. And then it was only because the bidders wanted to wait a week and a half before making a bid to make sure she got the job here. (she's a pediatrician too) Feels good to have it go quick, doesn't it? I hated having to always find somewhere to take the baby.

Awesome! Before you know it, you'll be strolling along the beautiful sandy beaches of Florida.

Nellie, do they really find EVERYTHING? great. we have a lot of little tiny things to be fixed...sticky doors, etc. Nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagny

Nellie, do they really find EVERYTHING? great. we have a lot of little tiny things to be fixed...sticky doors, etc. Nuts.
            Yes, but don't worry about it too much. The guy inspecting our house found lots of little things. As did they guy inspecting the house we are buying (well, I assume so) -- he even tested every burner of the stove. Thing is, they won't expect you to fix everything. And if they do, they are a big PITA and you can just let your agent deal with them.

We live in an older home so there could be LOTS of things to fix, bring up to code, etc. Our agent said she only fixes things that are: health, safety and structural. We had no problem sticking to that and even negotiated out of doing some electrical upgrades. We only made two repairs -- replacing the sewer line ($$$$$) and repairing a cracked rafter in the roof. Aside from the expense, it was really easy. Our buyer also asked us to replace a cracked pane of glass and we said no -- it wasn't a problem. It really wouldn't have been that big of a deal and I think they included that as a negotiating point -- so that we could take something off the list.

Comment

Working...
            X