Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Essential oils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essential oils

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Ecmciv9zI

Want to post so bad. Resisting lest I anger the huffers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Soooo, there IS literature out there that presents the benefits of essential oils. They have their place - I give 'em that. Actually one ED reduced the reported stress levels of its staff by 43%. I"ll buy that. What I wont buy is when people use those studies along with the name doterra...because it is THE ONLY pure oil. Eye roll. Pure essential oils have been around for-evah. I remember my grandmother putting some peppermint oil in a cup a water for me to drink when my stomach was upset...she died before the whole living oils (or whatever they are called) and doterra ever became popular.
      Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Oh I believe they have some benefits. I just have friends who sell them who use them for EVERYTHING. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've seen them recommended as a remedy for. Like chronic ailments.

Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          Oh I believe they have some benefits. I just have friends who sell them who use them for EVERYTHING. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I've seen them recommended as a remedy for. Like chronic ailments.

Oh - I've heard it too! What annoys me is that ONLY ONE brand can cure. Or that utilizing actual lemon peel or picking actual peppermint, rosemary etc. does not equate the level of "purity" their product contains.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

I think they can smell nice and relax you which of course can have health benefits.

I've seen them actively recommended however for the following conditions in lieu of "harmful western medicine" which is just ludicrous: depression, post-partum depression, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and crohn's disease. Just NO.
            Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
            Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
              I think they can smell nice and relax you which of course can have health benefits.

I've seen them actively recommended however for the following conditions in lieu of "harmful western medicine" which is just ludicrous: depression, post-partum depression, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and crohn's disease. Just NO.
              Exactly.

Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

I will say that since I use a tea tree oil soap, my skin has never been clearer...
                Kris

Comment

I think if people weren't so over-the-top about all they can cure, people might take it more seriously. As is, it will take a very well-designed, truly independently funded study to convince me.
                  Laurie
                  My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

As it should! We should hold anything claiming medicinal effects to the same standard! I want a double blind, placebo controlled study!!
                    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I use them for some things and made a great lice-prevention spray for my sis to use on my niece's hair (I looked at the ingredients of the stuff you buy and just bought the pure oils from Amazon and mixed my own). But I have a friend who offered to help me replace my asthma inhalers with oils. Umm...no. I like the whole breathing thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Working...
                      X