Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I have a nephew!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a nephew!!

Well, Jack arrived on Mother's Day- all 7 pounds 12 ounces of him! He's 20+ inches long and has a head full of dark hair. He's gorgeous (of course) and seems to have a great right pitching arm.

The poor little guy is a "fourth" (my brother being the "third" and Dad is "junior" so it's pretty funny to see this little dude with a big long grown up name- good they they decided that he'll be Jack! (my Dad has taken to referring to himself and Jack as "the evens" and my poor brother as "the odd"

Unfortunately I'm on the road now, but I'll be home in time to help when he and Barb (my SIL) get home from the hospital.

Jenn

Congratulations!!!! What great practice for you for when your new someone arrives.....and how cool for them that they will each have a cousin fairly close in age! Enjoy the new little guy!

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Congratulations on your new aunthood!
      He sounds like a cutie.

Comment

If III's are nicknamed "Trey" or "Trip" what do they call IV's? Congratulations. He sounds cute!

Comment

We had that same debate, and decided that "Quad" definitely wasn't it!

Jenn

Comment

That's fantastic!!!! Congrats to you and yours!!!
            Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Yay, aunthood is so much fun! And it's cool that little Stoli Smirnoff will have a counsin relatively close in age.
              Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
              Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
              Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Congrats, auntie Jenn!!

What about quatro, quatre....or what is "4th" in Russian for nicknames??!!

Comment

Congratulations!!!
                  Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Congratulations, you'd be super cool to have as an aunt!

Comment

Fantastic news, Jenn.

Let the spoiling begin!
                      Kelly
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

So how's the baby?

Sally
                        Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I don't know!!! I just got back from Russell, Kansas (home of Bob Dole and Arlen Spector- and no- I didn't talk politics with the natives!) at 3am! I did do some Jack Shopping (now we know he's a he we can buy clothes!) and I'm going to toss them in the wash and go over to see him later. They get home from the hospital today.

My Dad is nuts, my mother can't get him away from the baby. He told her last night that he needed a "Jack fix". So, needless to say, I think the idea of them retiring to Santa Fe or the beach has gone by the wayside!

Jenn

Comment

Hee hee! New babies are so intoxicating--especially to relatives.
                            Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
                            Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
                            Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Working...
                            X