Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Wanna hear a crazy story?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna hear a crazy story?

So, FH is on the subway yesterday at like 2 in the afternoon, and the train comes to 14th Street in Manhattan (very nice part of the center of the city, not some skeevy out-of-the-way corner) and these four guys jump on the train. FH says they're late teens, possibly early 20s, and they're very keyed up about something--they're being very loud and bouncing all over and totally talking trash: "That ____ was VIolated!" "I got his s___!" One of them is even more wound up than the rest of them, sort of beyond the point of self-control. So the super-hyped-up kid is like "Let me see! Let me see!" and the other guy is like "No. You can't be trusted." So the hyped up kid suddenly makes a grab inside the other guy's jacket and comes out with a gun! Holy freaking crap! 8O 8O 8O So FH is thinking "Whoa!! Great, these idiots are going to set that thing off," and he looks for the doors, but it's one of those subway cars where the doors to the other cars are locked. And sure enough, the first guy tries to grab the gun back and they drop it and it slides across the floor! FH is telling me this story later and I'm like "You're kidding! You're kidding!" and he's like "No, it was completely surreal, I couldn't believe it was happening." So then they pick up the gun and start debating whether they should now get off at the next stop. (Duh.) FH moves to the door and decides that whatever they do, he's doing the opposite. So at the next stop they get off, he sits back down, and that's it, it's over, like nothing ever happened.

It's just so crazy. I've ridden the subway more or less every day for five years and I've never seen a situation like that involving a weapon. FH says "Well, it was only a .22 . . ." but of course I'm like "I don't want you getting shot with a .22, either!!"

I think I won't be telling my parents this story.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

8O Wow! And at 2 in the afternoon??

I don't think I'd be sharing that one with my parents, either.

Comment

That is nuts! I would have been freaking out! I'm glad you're dh is okay!!!
      Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

That is nuts. We always take the subway when we are in the city. I'll think twice now. (DH is from Queens)
        Luanne
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

*heart attack*

I think I woul dhave been bawling. 8O

People are really stupid sometimes. Especially teenagers (says the girl who was a teenager three years ago).

Comment

Holy Cow! I would have freaked. I'm sure glad that Columbus doesn't have a subway system or I would be freaking everytime DH was in the city. Glad he made it through the ordeal without getting hurt.

Comment

8O

Yikes, what a freaky story!! I'm glad things turned out OK.
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Yikes, Julie! Scary stuff!! Glad he's ok!

-Esther

Comment

Wow, that really makes me want to visit NYC and take the subway! (dripping with sarcasm!)....I realize that it doesn't happen everyday...or does it?!

Comment

It most definitely does not happen every day. You could definitely ride the subway thousands and thousands of times and never see a civilian with a weapon. It was very bizarre.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”

Comment

I have some NYC train stories:

-we watched a homeless person pee, wipe and then change her clothes on a train. we had a normal looking person go number two on our street, in the middle of the sidewalk in broad daylight.( not a train story but still..)

-a group of maybe 14 year old boys who were palestinian came on the train each wearing a five foot palestine flag draped on their bodies, start throwing fireworks, the little bitty kind that make a huge bang.

for those NYC'ers ( julie) this was on the R train both times going to Bayridge ( where we lived).
                      Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Oh yeah, the homeless and/or drunk person taking a leak thing I've seen a number of times--both men and women, usually in the space between the cars, behind a garbage can on the platform, or off the platform onto the tracks while waiting for a train.

And the R train is our new train since we moved a month ago! Guess I have more of this to look forward to. 8O Ahh, well.

New York is trippy, I'll say that for it.

Comment

After reading this I have the "NYC" song from Annie running through my head. I'm going to be singing it all day!

Comment

Working...
                          X