Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circle

Does anyone have this?

https://meetcircle.com/

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I've never heard of that, but it looks pretty neat!

Comment

Oh that looks awesome. We aren't at the device stage with our kids but I know it'll be here soon enough!
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

I've been thinking about it too, but have no clue how it works or how simple (not simple) it may be. Kris - let us know if you talk to other people who know!

I've spent the week battling my fourth grader about Instagram, Snapchat, and Musically. Why, why, why do parents let their kids on apps designed for adults? This is the one time when I said " not as many kids as you think are on these really are" that I was totally proven wrong. I went through my accounts to discover nearly every kid in her class is on at least one app with a terms of service requiring a minimum age of 13. The oldest of these kids is 10. Ugh.
        -Deb
        Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

I've never heard of it, but it sounds like a great idea!
          Laurie
          My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Hm, heads up, it only works on your home wireless network. Not sure if the kids could just switch their phones over to data and do as they like. And it doesn't work away from home or on data unless you pay for an additional subscription. I can't say I really understand why there's some kind of hardware device for your home, rather than just having controller software installed on each device and operated through the cloud? Good idea and all, but it seems like there are some big holes that your average kid could just slip right through.
            Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
              Hm, heads up, it only works on your home wireless network. Not sure if the kids could just switch their phones over to data and do as they like. And it doesn't work away from home or on data unless you pay for an additional subscription. I can't say I really understand why there's some kind of hardware device for your home, rather than just having controller software installed on each device and operated through the cloud? Good idea and all, but it seems like there are some big holes that your average kid could just slip right through.
              Yeah, it'd work for tablets and other non-cell devices, but a smart kid could turn off the wifi on a phone and use the cell data instead to get around it (but if the data costs, then that would factor into the decision whether to do that or not). Plus there are lots of things that can be played with that don't necessarily use the internet (stand-alone games, etc.), so it won't limit time on those things. Google "circle disney limitations" to see a bunch of reviews that go over in detail what works and what doesn't. Another possible problem seems to be shared devices; no way to distinguish between accounts on a device, so no way to limit those by person, either.
              Sandy
              Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Working...
              X