Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Upper GI scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper GI scope

Our youngest, Colton, had an upper GI scope done on Tuesday. The process itself wasn't long at all, maybe 10min, but he had to be sedated and that took a little longer. They used something other than what he has had for the numerous CT's or MRI's and he was CRANKY when he came to recovery! He was better when we got home and he had something to eat though.

The scope itself, was abnormal. We knew it would be, he still burps many, MANY times after eating bottles and solids (more than I can count, and he will still burp more than 4 hours after eating. This makes for terrible sleeping patterns, we aren't sleeping through the night because of this). There is some terrible irritation in his esophagus (blood) and in his duodenum (blood). He still had food in his system, and he hadn't had any solids for eight and a half hours. So, they took in three different places and we won't get those results back for about a week. It seems to be the waiting game for now.

Just wanted to let you know the latest on our adventures into the other side of medicine.

I've been keeping Colton in my prayers. Have you found out anything about prospective AF docs in FL where you're moving? It would be helpful for you to physically take Colton's records with you when you go there. I've found that none of the records from our civilian days made it out here, even though I requested them. And at least here, they don't request the forms for you, I had to do it all myself... Anyway, I certainly hope the test shows something positive! Poor little guy!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'll keep the little guy in my thoughts. It doesn't sound like you're preparing to hear good news, but I'm staying hopeful for you. How is your oldest handling all of this?
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Thanks for the update, Matt. I'll be thinking of your family. Let us know how things go. Poor kid, he is a trooper! And his parents, too!
        How's Drew doing with all of this?

Comment

Matt-

Do keep us posted. How has he been doing otherwise? Is he still on seizure meds? I'm thinking about you all.

Jenn

Comment

Oh, Matt...I'm so sorry to hear this. You guys have just been through so much! Were they able to give you any indication of what they thought might be wrong?

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

thoughts

just thinking about you guys and your little one-- much strength and all my best!

Comment

You and your family are in my thoughts.
                Luanne
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I think of you all often. I hope Colton is back to his normal self by now. How is Drew doing with the idea of moving? Please keep us updated.

Sally
                  Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Working...
                  X