Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Fellowship graduation party help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellowship graduation party help

We are hosting the grad party at our house. Anyone got any ideas on cooking food for a large crowd or businesses that do catering? It will be pretty laid back...it is a pool party. Everyone determined that the pool is great to wear out the kids so our house it is again. We are absorbing the cost of the whole affair since GME cut funds for such things. So, I am either looking for economical catering or easy to cook ahead stuff that #1 Can cater to the vegetarians #2 Easy to eat since it is not a sit down meal and #3 that kids will eat. I am not doing burgers and or hot dogs because I do want something nicer and I do not want to be worrying about cooking food while trying to entertain.
    I am meh about Mexican because everyone does that plus I doubt anyone catering has tortillas not made with lard.
    Then there is BBQ (I can get grilled portabellos for the vegs) but not too easy to eat without a table.
    Pizza is out since evryone in training is tired of pizza.

What else is out there?

I love entertaining but my max is 14. Anytime we do more than that, I have no idea what to make.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Potluck! I like doing group brunches bc the foods are easy and cheap, and easily vegetarian. Egg caseroles and crock pot dishes are my go to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Grace

Comment

Build your own sandwiches? It's not "nicer", but you can get creative with the toppings, bread, and sides. Or a nacho or potato bar? You could also just do appetizers and desserts.
      Laurie
      My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Do you have a Panera or Corner Bakery? They have nice catering spreads.
        -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
        Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
        Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
          Do you have a Panera or Corner Bakery? They have nice catering spreads.
          Cannot do potluck.
          I would have been all fot it because those with dietary restrictions or vegs can bring things they like or can eat.

I could try to go for heavy appetizers...make pulled pork and have sliders?? How cumbersome is that?

No corner bakery but we do have a Panera. I will check on that.

I was thinking build your own salad but then there are kids. Without being around children much (and the ones I am around eat everything) I am never sure what to get.
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Yessss pulled pork is so easy. I did that last weekend and froze a bunch I'm currently thawing for tomorrow. Love my crock pot.

I really like the build your own salad! I feel like kids could be as picky as they want, as in, if they only eat carrots and almonds, fine! Have at it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            Grace

Comment

Working...
            X