Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Where I've been the last month!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where I've been the last month!

My life has been bordering on insane lately. DH and I had been casually looking at houses, all the while still planning on building in 3-5 years. About a month ago, the perfect house came on the market. It was up for less than 48 hours when we bid on it - and two other physicians were also bidding on it! 8O We ended up bidding 15K over, which is quite unheard of around here, but Kevin was afraid of what life would be like if we didn't get the house. (Now, I wouldn't be *that* hard to live with!) Of course, that meant we immediately had to put our home up for sale. Let me say that top to bottom cleaning and fixing is not easy with a 3 month old.
    We had one lovely morning last week...I was sitting on the couch with a freshly bathed Gavin feeding him with my bathrobe on and watching Dr Phil. My hair was dirty and I had my glasses on and generally looked a mess. The doorbell rang and I was so surprised I jumped and G started SCREAMING. The dogs started barking and going nuts and the freaking phone starts ringing. Then someone is saying "Hello? Hello? Hello?" and these people are IN MY HOUSE!!!!! Talk about chaos! I was told they were coming to see the house the day before, but there was a mix-up. Fortunately, they took pity on me and came back an hour later. Did I mention that the house was a pig sty again already??? That was a bad, bad morning. Like out of a really bad sitcom. Thank goodness we have sold our house this week!!!

Anyway, here is pic of our new house. I still don't know how to put it directly on here, sorry.
    http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/christ ... m=df81.jpg
    The pavement in the bottom is actually the driveway. I can tell you who is NOT shoveling next winter!!

Now if we just get the move over with, I can rejoin the land of the living. I don't know how some of you move around so often. Oy. 8O

Congratulations! When do you move?
    The house is beautiful. How about a snow removal service? Yikes!

Comment

I love how much land it looks like you have!! What a great spot!
      Enjoy your new house and try and relax about all the stuff that has to be done. Can some family come and help?

Good luck!
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Beautiful! I love it. Where are you again?

Comment

That house is gorgeous--I can see why you guys were so desperate to get it!!! Congratulations!
          Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

What a beautiful house! Congratulations on your new home!!
            Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

What a beautiful house! Congratulations on your new home!!
              Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Congratulations! It's beautiful!

Comment

One word....jealous!

Congrats, Chris..I know you guys have been looking and it's great that you found something that you really love!

kris
                  ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                  ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Thanks guys, we're pretty excited. This is the home where we are going to *finally* grow some roots. We've both been pretty nomadic through the years, it will feel good to know we're not moving again til we're retired! I have been dying to plant blueberry bushes, a strawberry patch, lilacs, rhododendrens, a perennial garden, etc.
                    I have not a clue when we are closing. We are going to have the two houses for a month or two, which works out well while I paint and get the house together. I'm guessing sometime in July we'll move.
                    Lunatic & Jill, yes, we're in Upstate NY. We are currently in Elmira and are moving to Corning about 20 minutes away. I love living here, the change in seasons is so beautiful and our area is very hilly. Quite spectacular in the fall with the changing leaves. We are also very close to NYS wine country. (in the finger lakes region)
                    Lunatic, we only have one neurosurgeon in town. That's it - ONE. He keeps VERY busy. This area might be something to consider - we have found it to be quite lucrative financially. (read: we have NO debt. not student loans, not cars, just the house.)

Comment

beautiful house! good luck with the move.

Jennifer
                      Needs

Comment

Congrats! It looks beautiful!

Welcome back.

Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                        X