Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Molly on a diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molly on a diet

Our australian shephard went to the vet last week and she is 12 pounds overweight 8O She does not look fat and was normal weight last time she went...I guess this sedentary winter did us all in . In any case, she's on a strict diet with orders for us to NOT feed her from the table anymore (we're guilty). The poor thing is acting like we are starving her...she now is stealing biter biscuits from the baby....and yesterday she got up onto the coffee table where I had a plate of carrot sticks and she ATE my carrot sticks! 8O

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

LOL> Winston, our mini Dachsund is also overweight and on a diet (with me). Franlklin is OK as far as weight, and he is really adjusting to his new family!!!!
    lUANNE
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

That's funny, Kris.
      Our vet suggested we feed our super hungry labs carrots and celery to help them deal with their hunger -- just like you would with people. Our dogs love carrots (and just about everything else).

Comment

Our little one is definately on a "see-food" diet. This week I was feeling sorry for her because the bigger dog was picking on her the entire day so I thought I would make her feel better and let her chew on a babyback rib the we had for dinner. I purposely picked the largest one left, about 6". Instead of chewing on it, the little fart swallowed the entire thing whole!!!! Didn't even bite it, just swallowed it. I immeadiately phoned our vet and guiltly confessed to the no-no I did with visions of having this poor little pig, oops I mean baby having a perforated bowel or something. She assured me she would probably be fine. She was okay and I saw her vomiting the next day, of course she ate that too. I did say she was on a "see-food" diet didn't I? I won't mention what else she has taken to eating, let's just say that she is one sick puppy. I would gladly have a dog slightly overweight than this sicko pup, oops I mean baby that we have.

Comment

Poor dogs. Life is so hard for them, isn't it? Our dogs think we starve them, too.

Comment

Our dog is on a diet as well. Weighing in at 115 pounds, he is 18-20 pounds overweight!!! I've been trying to increase his activity level and to make sure he isn't getting any table food, but he is very bold about taking a half-eaten sandwich off of the dining room table if it is left unattended. It's been a couple of months now and I don't think he looks any smaller so I think I'm going to have his thyroid checked. He is also getting the Pedigree weight loss formula, so we'll see how that goes! BTW, my dog will eat carrot sticks too and acts very pathetic about not getting to eat human food.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Our cats are both overweight and the vet suggested prescription diet food. I opted for feeding them less and switching to weight management food. Now they bug me at 5 am because they are hungry. It drives me nuts! Them along with two kids getting up often during the night doesn't leave me with much sleep.

Jennifer
              Needs

Comment

Working...
              X