Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Today. Sept.15.2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today. Sept.15.2016

Gosh, it's been quiet around here.

Today, K2 and Lambie are both home with hand/foot/mouth. (Sorry, [MENTION=1712]L.Jane[/MENTION]. You'll get the dreaded exposure notice tomorrow). K2 has boy scouts tonight. Mom arrives tomorrow.

What's trivial in your life today?
    Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

I'm taking DS to karate directly after school, then getting home just in time to turn around and help to throw the PTA Ice Cream Social. (I still have like 5 PTA things to take care of before then.) We'll also try to swing in to both kids' classrooms during Open House, and I'll take the opportunity to offer my services as a classroom volunteer. Fortunately DH is off work and being super supportive, so he's making dinner in the crock pot, getting DD off the school bus, and wrangling both kids to the Social and Open House so they don't have to be there the whole time with me.
    Alison

Comment

FWIW, I still remember the ice cream socials at my elementary school.....It's not all for naught.

Comment

I am actually pretty excited, I love the buzz about how amazing it is that everybody's favorite ice cream shop is providing the treats for free. Fingers crossed it's a fun party.
        Alison

Comment

This is the one night this week where I don't have anything in the evening (not how this week originally looked on the calendar, but how it ended up). Will be doing my best to force my dawdling toddler to bed at a reasonable hour and then hopefully spending some quality time chilling on the couch.
          Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Cream crackered (knackered) after work and with trouble away (trouble and strife- wife) I'm indulging in my love of rhyming slang and keeping a smile on my north and south (mouth)!
            Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ballibeg View Post
              Cream crackered (knackered) after work and with trouble away (trouble and strife- wife) I'm indulging in my love of rhyming slang and keeping a smile on my north and south (mouth)!
              Your slang made me laugh

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you had a bubble!

(Bubble bath...laugh)
                Using Tapatalk

Comment

DS1, DS2, and I are all battling an awful stomach virus. I had to pick DS1 up early because he threw up at school. 😞 Of course DH has a bunch of add on cases tonight, and the painters are back doing touch ups today so we're stuck in the basement while they work. I'm just having an awful day and I feel so, so nauseous, sorry to be such a drag.

Comment

Originally posted by OrionGrad View Post
                    DS1, DS2, and I are all battling an awful stomach virus. I had to pick DS1 up early because he threw up at school. 😞 Of course DH has a bunch of add on cases tonight, and the painters are back doing touch ups today so we're stuck in the basement while they work. I'm just having an awful day and I feel so, so nauseous, sorry to be such a drag.
                    that sounds just miserable

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel like there was nothing trivial about today. It was freaking exhausting - sidenote, I totally thought today was the 14th. That's how bad it is. I need to stop working 2.5 jobs. I'm exhausted and barely keeping up. Is it October yet??
                      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Stressing over house stuff. Our basement project keeps expanding and I'm overwhelmed. We had abestos tile in about 600sqft of the basement. I had it removed and I'm trying to decide what to put back in and get estimates. Simultaneously I discover that the staircase to the basement is coming apart and will need to be rebuilt/replaced. We decided to do heated tile in the basement but realize now that it will be too tall (not seamless) to the bathroom floor down there. Dh is all - lets just redo the bathroom too! Are you kidding me?!? Ack!!

Next we tore out the carpet in the upstairs family room and I was planning on putting in wood to match the rest of the house but I'm getting concerns from contractors since it's an addition and they can't tell the height of the subfloor, and there's no ventilation underneath, etc. I also want to paint that room before we put in the new floor and Dh is being a pita regarding colors.

None of this is life changing but I think I may explode.
                        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by ides View Post
                          Stressing over house stuff. Our basement project keeps expanding and I'm overwhelmed. We had abestos tile in about 600sqft of the basement. I had it removed and I'm trying to decide what to put back in and get estimates. Simultaneously I discover that the staircase to the basement is coming apart and will need to be rebuilt/replaced. We decided to do heated tile in the basement but realize now that it will be too tall (not seamless) to the bathroom floor down there. Dh is all - lets just redo the bathroom too! Are you kidding me?!? Ack!!

Next we tore out the carpet in the upstairs family room and I was planning on putting in wood to match the rest of the house but I'm getting concerns from contractors since it's an addition and they can't tell the height of the subfloor, and there's no ventilation underneath, etc. I also want to paint that room before we put in the new floor and Dh is being a pita regarding colors.

None of this is life changing but I think I may explode.
                          How about Flor tiles?
                          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

[MENTION=1498]MrsK[/MENTION] .. how are they feeling today. I was wondering if it was you. Poor things.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
                            -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
                            Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
                            Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

We don't want to do carpet. It's too humid in the basement, even with a dehumidifier running all the time. The last owners had carpet and it was really awful. It would be easier though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                              X