Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When it rains, it pours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it rains, it pours!

Well, our house seems to be falling apart! Our dishwasher has repeatedly leaked onto our kitchen floor and now all the tiles are coming up. We decided to go ahead and replace the kitchen floor (which is only 2 years old btw) with some cool laminate, so it isn't all bad. This all transpired over the weekend, and now with the heavy rains that we have gotten in KC, our basement is completely flooded due to our lack of gutters and other varioius problems. And with the heavy rains, we also realized our roof, which was repaired last Fall, seems to be leaking once again. Oh yeah, and we thought perhaps we could pay for all of these repairs with our tax return, but our accountant apparently *forgot* to file our taxes! Maybe she didn't forget exactly, but somehow they didn't get filed. We have been waiting for the damn check and when it didn't show, we called the IRS and they said they never received a return for us. So now, it has been re-filed and who knows when it will finally show up! Oh well, I'm just waiting for somet other expensive problem to crop up!
    Awake is the new sleep!

Oh now even I'm at your accountant. That's just not right. I hope that you complain about it. Seriously, that's just not right.

Just remember that what goes around comes around. You guys may be dealing with some pretty crappy stuff right now but soon I would bet that things take a turn for the better and you run into some really wonderful things.

Just remember that you have your husband and your love and those can't be destroyed by water. 8)

Comment

Wow! So sorry to hear about the house repairs! I can't imagine the stress on top of everything else you have going on. Nice accountant! Can she give you an advance for your taxes from her salary? Or refund her fee to you?

Jennifer
      Needs

Comment

Sue!! That sucks!! All of it!!
        When it rains it pours really does apply here. I hope you get your $$$ soon, your floor and roof fixed, and have no more leaks.

Comment

Sue....that is awful! Have you gotten the water pumped out of your basement??? Hopeuflly, your roof can be repaired for free...is there a warranty?

What a super-pain in the rear. I'm sending sympathy vibes your way...

kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We had that happen once with our return-- we ended up getting half the fee refunded to us. I just wrote him a letter and told him that would be fair, didn't he think, and viola.

I'm really sorry to hear about all these homeowner's hassels!!! Too bad! I hope it all works out soon!!!
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
            X