Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is Something Popular that Annoys You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beards
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Originally posted by Auspicious View Post
      Beards
      Like in general or just the hipster ones?
      Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
      Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Fast food restaurants

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
          Like in general or just the hipster ones?
          Hmm, now that you make me think about it, I'm going to say any beard that looks either over- or under-groomed. There's some middle ground that's okay.
          Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
          Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
          Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Bawhaha- just learned something about myself...I feel annoyed by anything that becomes popular

--Been drinking coconut water/milk since let's seeeee 1972ish - I am annoyed that it has become a fad and now is uber expensive
            --Same thing with Quinoa. Sheesh - I remember when it was cheap - now, not so much.
            --Essential oils - been using them all my life an no, they do not cure HIV but the damn peppermint oil will settle my stomach. Pisses me off that their popularity has made the price skyrocket and that doterra and living oils (or whatever they are called) are THE ONLY pure brands. (eyeroll)
            --Patagonia/Northface - they used to be a good brand now all the coeds made it a fad and the quality is not the same
            --Lularoe - yes, agreed, they are just tights and tees...and only look good (no matter what the hostess/salesperson tells you) on certain people...like kids.
            Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
              Explain this "Sexy Christianity". I'm intrigued. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HMMMMMM not sure how to describe without sounding really judgemental. Sexy Christianity probably isn't the best description. There is a wave of people where I live who are incredibly materialistic. Shockingly so.

A large percentage of this group make it very public that they are Christian and they go to bible study, church, and do mission work. Many of the women who are moms and over 40 wear 400 dollar jeans with sparkles on the butt in the shape of a cross. They have trucker hats and watches with real diamonds -- all with biblical symbols on them and all very flashy. Some SUVs these people own have giant rims with bible sayings around the wheel (seriously).

I guess a better description would be the Christian version of keeping up with the Jones'. Of course this all goes against the basic principles of Christianity -- I'm not trying to offend here -- just trying to illustrate the bizarre hypocrisy.

Picture a woman over 40 with a 15,000 dollar breast enlargement, in a jogging suite that says "I Run For JESUS" in sparkles on her butt, driving a tricked out Escalade that says "Jesus Lives" on the personalized license plate where each rim has Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on the band closest to the wheels.

Seriously folks ...you can't make this stuff up.
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Originally posted by Flynn View Post
                HMMMMMM not sure how to describe without sounding really judgemental. Sexy Christianity probably isn't the best description. There is a wave of people where I live who are incredibly materialistic. Shockingly so.

A large percentage of this group make it very public that they are Christian and they go to bible study, church, and do mission work. Many of the women who are moms and over 40 wear 400 dollar jeans with sparkles on the butt in the shape of a cross. They have trucker hats and watches with real diamonds -- all with biblical symbols on them and all very flashy. Some SUVs these people own have giant rims with bible sayings around the wheel (seriously).

I guess a better description would be the Christian version of keeping up with the Jones'. Of course this all goes against the basic principles of Christianity -- I'm not trying to offend here -- just trying to illustrate the bizarre hypocrisy.

Picture a woman over 40 with a 15,000 dollar breast enlargement, in a jogging suite that says "I Run For JESUS" in sparkles on her butt, driving a tricked out Escalade that says "Jesus Lives" on the personalized license plate where each rim has Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John on the band closest to the wheels.

Holy. Cow. I can't even imagine. I do love your last paragraph, as the description! Lol!!

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                  Holy. Cow. I can't even imagine. I do love your last paragraph, as the description! Lol!!

Wow

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                  Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

-Lularoe
                    -"Sexy" breast feeding pics
                    -When people post all their Christmas gifts
                    -another bathroom selfie
                    -Facebook

Comment

[MENTION=5266]katiecrna[/MENTION]. Welcome! Did I miss your introduction? If you haven't done so, please start a thread so we can get to know you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                      Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Thanks! I think I've posted before but post a thread

Comment

You exactly described Tamra on the Real Housewives of the OC 😂😂😂

Comment

This is exactly like my old neighbor. She has a souped-up Jeep though.

Needs

Comment

Originally posted by scarlett09 View Post
                              Essential oils. Smoking. Synergy. "Resognate" - the way my boss pronounces resonate. Anti-vaccine. People having the time to post on FB but not return your calls or texts.

Well besides beachbody... I was thinking anti-vac types annoy me beyond belief. But actually don't think I had ever met anyone anti-vac until moving here. I didn't think it was super acceptable east coast stance to take. I was just talking to a new Yorker dad at the park about it a few weeks ago - maybe we were just lucky not to run into them for so many years... making up for it now!

Comment

LOL!!!! I used to workout with this woman who basically stole a "workout" from the studio I went to and rebranded it into some crazy fit for Jesus enterprise. She would totally fit in with that crowd. She posts on social media talking about working out and being in shape for god - and includes bible passages. It cracks me up - I also have never met anyone else like that - in fact I wondered who was buying her books/dvds etc... apparently a market exists! Who knew.

Meanwhile... she is super crazy rich. Bentleys, maseratis, biggest diamond I think I've ever seen (it must be well over 7 carats). Turns out... they own fast food restaurants! Lol. I couldn't stop laughing after finding that out!

God wants you to be super healthy and by my workout and diet plan.... but I'm going to sell horrible food to all the poor people in America so that I can buy another car or diamond cross. 🤔

Comment

Working...
                                X