Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What is Something Popular that Annoys You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mommy wine thing drives me nuts!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don’t even know what “mommy wine” is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
        I don’t even know what “mommy wine” is....

Mommy juice, mommy needs wine. It's pretty obnoxious. Just the other day, another mom was telling me how her book club drinks 1 bottle per person when they meet and "that's only 2.5 glasses each". Um, no honey, that's 4-6 servings each.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by MrsK; 01-14-2018, 08:34 AM.
        Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

• Ah - ok. I actually have never seen a t-shirt like that in person, and I feel embarrassed for anyone that would wear one.

I do think my children make me drink though... I try not to talk about it though 🤗

You can actually have open containers in public parks here (“non spirited beverages”). The amount of day drinking is actually pretty remarkable (I’m counting anything before 5). And then a decent portion just gets in the car with kids and drives home... it’s insane.

Comment

• Yeah. It's pretty amazing how many moms drink at our neighborhood pool. I always feel like I have to be extra alert at the pool. I don't drink at home unless another adult is there.

Comment

• Mrs. K,

I'm stealing your clip art and pics!

It's a strange day when I'm arguing that we adults are really setting bad examples for our kids when they (gasp!) get caught drinking in high school. For the record, my college nickname was Two Beers Sears. As in, there are people walking this planet who only know my name as Two Beers. And here I am arguing for moderation and healthy modeling with social drinking a known part of culture.

Anyway, people are making me fucking nuts with all this mommier-than-thou, "My kid knows I am the adult and do not condone underage drinking!" "The high school needs to deal with this underage drinking pot smoking epidemic!" (Yup, teenagers have never rebelled before now!) "Luckily, my kids know that I'm hard core about no tolerance for underage drinking!" (Have you seen your child's Instagram messages?)

Oh, wow. It's all I can do to not ask whether I can have a hit off the crack pipe they are clearly smoking Actually, I'll just borrow your kid's bong that you don't know about. MMMMmmmmmkay thanks!

O.K. Clearly I have navigated myself into crazy town over here and people are pissing me off. Thanks for indulging me.

I just have this crazy idea that WE ADULTS need to model healthier relationships with alcohol, illicit substances, and socializing first. We need to talk to our kids as burgeoning adults, not from a place of judgment, but understanding.

But yeah, that doesn't make for a great FB post.
              Soap box over.
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

• Kelley, if you Google wine mom you will find hundreds of images like these. It's really staggering.

Comment

• And there is "mommy and me" wine mom gear too.downloadfile-1.jpg3c57fda406a790ce11ab3e726a382ecc.jpgil_340x270.1022438485_dm12.jpgdownloadfile-2.jpg

Comment

• I'm not a huge fan of the "words on shirts" trend to begin with. Just isn't my thing.
                    Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

• People who encourage their preschool aged girls to be precocious in a bad way. Like sexy little divas, fashionistas, drama queens and consumers of pop culture aimed at teens and adults. They are children. Not your bff or pop stars or Instagram celebrities. I'm perfectly content living with my little ponies, pigtails, fairy wings, and American Girl dolls for as long as Lambie is interested. We have plenty of time to be trendy and snotty when she's an actual teenager.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsK View Post
                        People who encourage their preschool aged girls to be precocious in a bad way. Like sexy little divas, fashionistas, drama queens and consumers of pop culture aimed at teens and adults. They are children. Not your bff or pop stars or Instagram celebrities. I'm perfectly content living with my little ponies, pigtails, fairy wings, and American Girl dolls for as long as Lambie is interested. We have plenty of time to be trendy and snotty when she's an actual teenager.

Not even trendy or snotty but for me it has been moody and distant for my 16 year old. My 10 year old loves still pretending to be kitties with her 10 year old male best friend. I do look at my kids and as the younger two approach the teen years, I long for them to stay unjaded for just a bit longer. I wish I could jump into pictures of them when they were babes.
                        Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

• Has anyone mentioned humble bragging? This is an actual text I received today:

"I tried to go to the gym for a short time and even there I got chased down...multiple women thought I was some kind of trainer, then someone whispers how this is baby number 8, then I am asked what my secret is and if I can train them...and honestly, I suck at just taking blood pressure! I am like no, sorry, I am not a trainer."

Comment

• Who is that crazy person?? I hate humble bragging too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

• LOL wtf. So obnoxious.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
                                Who is that crazy person?? I hate humble bragging too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                                She moved in across the street from me last summer and she's now pregnant with her 8th child. Of course, she has a couple kids in grade school with my kids. One is in kindergarten with K2. This has brought us together (more than I'd like) because her 5, 8, and 10 yo play with my kids. Also, her kids are frequently need rescuing. For instance, it was 10* yesterday. They got locked out of the house when no one was home and they weren't dressed warmly. She's set off my spidey senses a few times so I feel protective of her kids.

Last edited by MrsK; 02-07-2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X