Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Holiday weekend..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday weekend..

Hope everyone here has a safe and happy holiday weekend! Any special plans here? We're just hanging out at home for a barbecue....

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

We are leaving on Sunday for a 12 hr drive to Destin, Fla. My youngest has never seen a beach before and DH needs this vacation badly. He is getting Ohio rainy crankiness. We are renting the coolest little condo and plan to just chill out for 5 days.

Comment

That sounds awesome, Trisha!
      ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
      ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Trisha, that is almost where we are moving to!

We are moving from our house to an apartment!! Yippeee!! I am NOT looking forward to moving the fridge, w&d, ent. center (solid Oak), the couch, and the chest freezer....it is going to SUCK!!....and to top it all off, the apartment is on the second floor!

Then we are cooking out in our backyard with my family that I conned into helping me (with food and drink, of course!). Then we will watch the fireworks that they shoot off at the Liberty Memorial, the only WW1 memorial by the way.....Monday we are going to the neighbors for a cookout in their backyard!

Comment

Well, since dh has to work 6 out of 8 days on call, we're not doing much!!!! Four of those days are this weekend . I guess I can't complain as this is one of the two holidays he has to work this year.

He has home call on Monday so we are going to visit his mom and her boyfriend. Should be fun. Her boyfriend makes those most awesome bbq chicken.

Trisha, your plans sound great!

Comment

Hubby is on call, in-laws are in town.
            We have a birthday party for 1 year old twins which will include a moon walk, so that should be fun. I plan to take advantage of the in-laws being here and get as much work done as possible.
            Sunday, the girls go to SW Kansas on "vacation" with my in-laws until Friday.
            Monday, dh is off and he plans to finish the kitchen floors (just needs to prime, paint, and install the base shoe) so that the appliances can go back in. No cook-outs or typical Memorial Day stuff planned as of yet.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Ours is turning out to be a bummer. DH works all weekend with only day off Saturday. Well he got called in at 5 am and now has to work most of the day and sleep Saturday night. The cookout we had planned with the neighbors is cancelled. Sunday we are going to a Pacers basketball playoff game with friends. I hope DH can get out of work in time. Monday DH is on-call, but my dad is coming for a visit after he attends the Indy 500. I haven't seen him in 2 years and he has never seen my 8 month old.

Hope everyone else enjoys the weekend.

jennifer
              Needs

Comment

Trisha -- that sounds great! Enjoy the beach vacation!
                Matt -- Are you just a wee bit tired of moving stuff around? Glad to hear that you have your family to help.

Bryn is sick with a stomach bug so we are lazing around watching a Muppets DVD. Anna had her 4 m visit and shots a few days ago and is still feeling punky. We're just taking it easy. We have a few BBQs to go to a friends to see. Maybe the pool if we feel up for it.

Have a safe and fun weekend everyone!

Comment

Nothing much here. DH is working on re-finishing his grandmother's china cabinet (he loves doing "manual labor" stuff on his days off) and I'm working on some PR stuff for Hospice. All I want to do is sleep--still recovering from last weekends trip to the in-laws, I guess!

Comment

We went to my parent's last night and plan on going to Arlington National Cemetary tomorrow to payour respects. It's important to me to remember why Memorial Day exists. When we were in Texas we'd go to these two monuments in the center of San Antonio.

Regardless of your opinions of the hows and whys, please remember all of our troops tomorrow.

Jenn

Comment

Working...
                    X