Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Step 3, and the light at the end...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step 3, and the light at the end...

Matt passed!!!! Yippeee!!!! (I was joking with him that we would be staying in Seattle another year so he could pass his boards.) Now we have to fork over our first born for his Anesthesia Boards. Just kidding, Emma is worth way more than, the price tag of $2600.

Matt has his CV put together, and is working with a couple of recruiting firms. Matt is also going to put together a list of hospitals he is interested in working at, and will start calling them. He wanted to do that last month, but decided to put it off for another month.

ACKK!!!!!! We are going to be <gasp> adults in 13 months!

Crystal
    Gas, and 4 kids

Sounds like us Crystal--my husband is getting ready to put his CV together and I've been searching online for cities that I want to live in. I've also been scouring the chest website for job openings. He takes pulmonary boards this fall which will cost us a small fortune. I'm getting really excited for dh to start interviewing and can't wait until we know where we are going (or if we are staying put). It is hard to believe that there is just one more year left.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Congrats to Matt Crystal!
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Yeah! Congratulations Matt and Crystal!!!!! woohooo....

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Re: Step 3, and the light at the end...

Originally posted by cricketnmatt
          the price tag of $2600.
          8O 8O
          Ouch. That's a lot of money. Maybe not so bad, though, when viewed as the price of admission to the attending life.
          Congratulations, Crystal! Very exciting!
          Congrats to Matt on passing Step 3. I was happy to have that out of the way, too.

Comment

Congratulations on passing Step 3! My husband is taking Step 3 in 2 weeks, so he's been busy studying the past couple of weeks.

Boy do I envy you and your advent into attending life ... At least 4 more years for us, and - from the sounds of it - an additional 2-3 years after that for fellowship. Good luck, I hope all works out well!
            ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
            -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

I guess I missed the first sentence when I posted the first time---congrtats to Matt!!!
              Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Working...
              X