Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Terrorism concerns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorism concerns?

Is anyone else here concerned about another act of terrorism happening this summer? I have been worrying about this for the last couple of weeks....with the dem convention coming up, the rep convention...the election in November.....It seems like there are several big events that could be potential problems. Are you guys all planning on traveling as usual this summer/fall?

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

It's a complex question, but the short answer: Concerned? Yes. Altering any plans? No, I doubt it would help.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

We weren't planning to travel much anyway as our MSY3 starts June 22. We are still going to do some local traveling though.
      Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

I'm worried, but I'm very paranoid so I never really know if my fears are rational. I don't really have any travel plans, so there isn't anything to alter, but I'd like to think if I did I would carry on as usual.
        Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

I am concerned I guess, but I have been since 9/11 like someone else said. I don't take the latest "warning" all too seriously, they haven't even raised the terror alert and I remember they used to raise it if we were merely coming up on a holiday weekend. Plus there were the urgent bulletins issued to certain unnamed cities that were retracted a few hours later because of unfounded info...I think there is always a real threat, but I think that our fears can get a little out of hand as well. I agree with Julie, even if I changed my plans for the summer, it wouldn't do much besides disappoint me. So I'm still flying to Utah tomorrow to visit friends! Carry on!

Comment

Can't be- I travel every week! I am in and out of all of the large airports at least once a month- O'Hare, Dulles, LaGuardia, LAX, San Francisco- If I thought about it too much I'm sure I'd be bothered but normally I'm a pissy frequent flyer who just wants to get through security without any traumas.

However, I do find myself being much more aware on the Metro, since Madrid. However, with gas prices where they are- I'm still a commuter!!

Jenn

PS- Besides, when you live smack dab in the middle of the target, there's not much that worrying can do! If the Capitol is the middle of a target, my house is at 6 O'clock on the edge of that.

Comment

Working...
            X