Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Harry Potter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter

Anyone going???? This is all my oldest has been able to talk about for months now...We called the movie theater to see if we could get tickets early and they told us that they will

1. only sell tickets at the door and they expect to sell out in the first hour for the entire day
    2. Will NOT be offering matinee prices or children's prices 8O Everyone is $7....grrr

Still we're going to stand in line and take our chances.

Anyone else???

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

My husband and I would love to go if he had more time on his hands. We don't even have a kid the appropriate age to 'tag along' with, we just really like Harry Potter. We've read the books together and seen some of the movies. Its fun. Maybe we'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD. 8)

Comment

This weekend is the chief's festivities so we are booked with family stuff and many dinners! However, I can't wiat to see this movie and we WILL see this in the theatre before it leaves. The small screen can't do it justice I wouldn't think.

I've read all the books at least three times and the movies have been fun but this is the first book where the plot starts getting more advanced and I really like Sirius's character.

Looking forward to going but not this weekend. We'll wait until the masses see it and then go!
      Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Too bad your not here!! I've got 10 tickets to tonight's show in my wallet....When I bought them last week, there were only 3 shows NOT sold out left today.

Angie
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
        Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Harry Potter III

Just got back from HPIII. It was good. A bit slow in the beginning. Not as many funny points but over all, it was well done. The regular cast was in true form. Having a new Just got back from HPIII. It was good. A bit slow in the beginning. Not as many funny points but over all, it was well done. The regular cast was in true form. Having a new Aldus Dumbledore was odd. I think a better choice could have been made. Michael
          Gambon seemed comical and weak in his depiction of the mage.
          The story was great. A tad darker than the last two. All in all, I really enjoyed the show. Well, the baby in the row in front of us made it a little difficult to hear at times. By the way, am I the only one who thinks it rude to have a baby crying and making a fuss in a movie theatre????? I think one of the parents should have taken the child outside.
          Enjoy the show!
          A

Comment

Post show review: I was disappointed. It has been reviewed as the best HP and the new director was supposed to take it up a notch. It still had the added-in Hollywood moments for more "action" and they cut out some critical (IMHO) story elements. I know it would have been 4 hours long and confusing with everything in, but I'm an HP purist. Also .........ok, I realize I'm working up to a rant, so I'll stop. Needless to say, I enjoyed it BUT it isn't a great step up from the first two cinematically. (My 8 year old spent an hour complaining about everything they left out. He's read and listened to that book about 15 times in the last few years....He enjoyed it though--He just kept saying "But Mommy it was different!!" Welcome to the world of "The book was better", kid!)

Angie
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Angie,

I'm with you. Thomas and I were also disappointed. About 1/2 way through the movie, I turned to him and said "wow, this is long" and then he looked at his watch and we realized that we still had another hour to go! I thought they went too much for the 'action' shots and cut out too much of the 'magic'. I think that they cut out some important stuff too..and could have done a better job if integrating the things that they left in. Some of it felt sort of...put in there just for the sake of putting it in...without it really flowing well.

Still..for the diehard Potter fan I'm sure it's a thumbs up.

Kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Is Richard Harris still Dumbledore in this one or is it the new actor? He was SO PERFECT I have a hard time seeing anyone else in the role but I will go and see it when I can.
                Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

No Richard Harris is gone. The new guy is good though. Some Potter fans I know were dissapointed with the change, but I think he works ok. It is a shame Richard Harris died, he was great. The later books have more interesting work for Dumbledore as well, so the role will get larger. It is pretty minimal in this film.

Angie
                  Angie

Comment

Matt and I saw it last Saturday, the second movie we have seen in a year at the cinema. (Pretty pathetic huh?!) Anyway, I really liked it. I didn't go into it with any expectation of it being exactly like the book, or I knew I would be hugely disappointed. I think the overall theme of the book, and key points were translated very well to the screen. I think it is better than the other two in terms of telling the story, and cinematically. If I had my way the book would be translated verbatim to the screen, and I would get to see more of Fred and George's antics.

I think Michael Gambon did an okay job as Dumbledore. I missed seeing Richard Harris. I would have liked to have seen Sir Ian McKellan for the role, just because I think he did a good job as Gandalf in LOTR. Oh well you can't have everything. I think the casting of Emma Thompson as Professor Trelawny was brilliant, and she did such a superb job of playing the character. Emma Thompson was exactly as I had imagined Prof Trelawney to be.

Crystal
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
                    X