Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Facebook issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook issue

Somehow ... I have no idea how, I sent a friend request to one of Amanda's acquaintances. I had no idea I did this until he accepted my friend request. Now he likes half of the things I post. It's just weird. What should I do?

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Unfriend him? Block him?

~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

My gut says unfriend him, but I hate unfriending people. It would be easier if he didn't like my posts. Also, Amanda thinks the whole situation is so weird and that unfriending is weirder. I don't think so. I wonder why it seems hard for me to unfriend a stranger!

Comment

I'd probably just unfriend too. He likely won't notice.
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Unfriend. It was just an error.
          Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Agree. He won't notice.

Comment

Unfriending an accidental add is a lot less weird than keeping them around.

Comment

Unfriend, I agree he won't notice.
                Luanne
                wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I actually just took FB off my phone. I'm not at a point of deactivating, but I'm so tired of the political nastiness. I'm just taking a break. When I come back, I'll unfriend him.

Comment

FB can really be overwhelming, stressful, and a time-suck. But you do have some control over what you see. I was getting more and more of my liberal aunt's "likes" of click-bait pro-democratic stuff, so I told Facebook to hide one of those. Now I'm getting a lot fewer.

My current feed: friends pics of her kids...Instant Pot group...other Instant Pot group...quasi-political post about a Seahawks player's family being scared about the way internet trolls are threatening his life...friend's video of his chickens...Bullet Journal group...friend's pic of her kid...eco-conscious friend's share of an article about Tesla supporting Puerto Rico...friend's brag about his wife's fantasy football success.

As for friendings and unfriendings, I don't really take them personally. I just figure different people use FB in different ways. But I'm not of the "digital native" generation (didn't even hear about FB until I was about 25) so that's probably not a useful data point. Still, I hope your random guy goes away without a hiccup when you're ready to use FB again!

(Edit: My Twitter does still raise my blood pressure sometimes. It's my fault, I've populated it with the likes of Walter Shaub the expert in government ethics, and Reuters news headlines, and some of the Alt accounts from NASA and National Parks and USCIS employees. But at least I also have a strong Pokemon Go influence on there to calm things down!)
                    Last edited by spotty_dog; 10-01-2017, 07:31 PM.
                    Alison

Comment

Facebook really is a time suck. I'm also so sick of people and their politics. I have unfollowed mAny, but so many of my friends have to chime in on whether trump is the devil or Michelle Obama is a man. I've literally stopped caring about the state of the world. Also, my dad started tagging me in memes about bad bosses and my boss saw them. I asked him to stop and he didn't. I had to step up my security settings. Facebook is more negative for me than positive.

Comment

Oof, that's the worst. I am so ridiculously careful of my "footprint" on there. I definitely cringe when I'm tagged in stuff. It can be a real breath of fresh air to step away from it all.
                        Alison

Comment

You can set your FB security settings so that you review tags before they are posted and you can untag yourself. I do it all the time. I hate when someone tags me in an unflattering picture or tags my kids.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

I think PF already did fix her settings. I don't actually have friends who would think to tag me or my kids, it's usually family tagging old photos or random crap, so I just roll my eyes and let it go.
                            Alison

Comment

Yes. I already changed settings when he wouldn't stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X