Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
    Yes this is the one we always use. I will say that if you’re cooking a local, free range turkey who’s name is Fred like we do (because we are nuts), those birds are leaner and they cook faster and require less brine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I, too, like my birds to have a happy life before they meet their demise.
    Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Not sure a happy turkey is in the cards this year. :/ But next year we'll plan a bit farther in advance and make it happen!

Has anyone done a breast only? Do you still do the brine?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone here from or can cook food from the Philippines? PM me. I need some recipes for T-giving meal. What the heck did I get myself into this time.

Comment

I'm solo this holiday, so I'm going to Lake Tahoe with friends. And I never could figure out how to do a turkey well, good luck all!

Comment

Mac always makes the turkey and I just do not have it in me to do a dinner for basically just the kids and me. I was thinking of trying to get together with other families, but My friend whose husband is deployed- her husband is flying back here for tDay. (Not medical deployment so...). Another friend is due anytime and her mother is flying in. Another is moving. And so... I’m just going to make non-traditional plans.

I am trying to decide on a hike or a beach day with the kids, then go to the movies and hopefully not cook. I don’t know what will be open restaurant wise, but we (i) decided to do thanksgiving dinner when dh gets home, which should be in December sometime.
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
              Anyone here from or can cook food from the Philippines? PM me. I need some recipes for T-giving meal. What the heck did I get myself into this time.
              Just deep fry everything and you’re good. My SIL is from the Philippines and they had a full roasted pig at her last party. Head and all. I went to a local Filipino party and there were 30 dishes at least, all deep fried and noodles!!!
              Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

We use Alton Brown's brine for oven and for frying it. Both come out real good.

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

I use Barefoot Contessa's method of prepping the bird and Alton Brown's method of cooking.

Prep: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ecipe4-1943576

Cook: http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/ho...=amp_playvideo

Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Thanksgiving

We are hosting DH's niece and her husband. I insisted we stay put for the holidays this year in our new home and city.

Last edited by MDPhDWife; 11-20-2017, 04:18 PM.
                    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Originally posted by peggyfromwastate View Post
                      Just deep fry everything and you’re good. My SIL is from the Philippines and they had a full roasted pig at her last party. Head and all. I went to a local Filipino party and there were 30 dishes at least, all deep fried and noodles!!!
                      Ohemmgee! Ummm, we may be doing Philippines light.

Comment

Still trying to figure it all out. Amanda works but everyone else Home. I’m tempted to disconnect internet and force togetherness.

~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                          Still trying to figure it all out. Amanda works but everyone else Home. I’m tempted to disconnect internet and force togetherness.

You know, there is literature out there that will support the benefits...if your gang needs the evidence

Comment

Can I get some positive vibes/good luck and mojo my way? I'm starting my thanksgiving orders already and just want all of them to taste amazing and having some slight panic attacks here and there lol

wife to PGY1 GS and two little girls, and 1 annoying dog

Comment

Originally posted by Howfunitis View Post
                              Can I get some positive vibes/good luck and mojo my way? I'm starting my thanksgiving orders already and just want all of them to taste amazing and having some slight panic attacks here and there lol

You're going to do GREAT!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! It will come together!
                                Wife to Hand Surgeon just out of training, mom to two lovely kittys and little boy, O, born in Sept 08.

Comment

Working...
                                X