Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Residency Graduation Gift Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residency Graduation Gift Ideas

So our closest pals are graduating next weekend and I want to get them something. One is moving cross-country, so nothing huge for her. The other is staying local. I'd like to keep it under $50/person. I was thinking a Yeti tumbler + Starbucks card, but not sure that's personal enough. For finishing Step 1 I got them mints, gum, hand sanitizer, lotion, mini notepads, and pens. I was thinking something more TLC oriented this time? Help!

I know this is going to sound weird but what about a silk eye mask and ear plugs? All the interns I know ended up wearing them by mid year in call rooms or sleeping off night float.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
    Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Ahhh that is so smart! Thank you!

Comment

Hmm, all of a sudden I'm wondering if I need to get J something?

I like T&S's idea for your friends though. Or a toiletry bag?
        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
          Hmm, all of a sudden I'm wondering if I need to get J something?
          We gave each other a two week trip abroad....AND a few weeks after he gave himself a custom made bicycle that costs more than my wedding ring. I've noticed, like DH, some of our other friends tend to buy themselves the "I am finished gift" and as our financial adviser said, "at least it was not a car.

What did he get you after your PhD?
          Finally - we are finished with training! Hello real world!!

Comment

Originally posted by medpedspouse View Post
            We gave each other a two week trip abroad....AND a few weeks after he gave himself a custom made bicycle that costs more than my wedding ring. I've noticed, like DH, some of our other friends tend to buy themselves the "I am finished gift" and as our financial adviser said, "at least it was not a car.

What did he get you after your PhD?
            Umm, nothing, probably. We may have gone out for a nice dinner, but I honestly can't even remember.
            Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I got M a print off etsy of kidneys. It was an artsy watercolor. I have no plans for fellowship.
              Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
              Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by TulipsAndSunscreen View Post
                I know this is going to sound weird but what about a silk eye mask and ear plugs? All the interns I know ended up wearing them by mid year in call rooms or sleeping off night float.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I agree with the eye mask and earplugs. That's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                X