Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Unpacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpacking

Finished unpacking and tossed the last boxes in the recycling today!!! Last round was DH’s crazy book collection. I like having books around (I like looking at other people’s bookshelves when I’m at their house) but he has a lot of books. Textbooks, med school books, course books from undergrad, for fun fiction books, dictionaries, programming books......

How is everyone else’s unpacking going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wife of PGY-2 Gen Surg, gluten/dairy free cook and patron to a big black cat

Hahahahaha... unpacking... hahaha. Yea. My toddler is currently walking around in a box claiming to be a robot. I’ll never be done unpacking.
    Wife to PGY4 & Mother of 3.

Comment

Unpacking sucks, and I hate it. Ha! J takes his boards tomorrow, and my parents come into town, so hopefully we can finish putting the house together then. Most of the boxes are actually unpacked, but putting everything away is the harder part for me, so we just have clutter everywhere.
      Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

I was unpacked by a flood, so I have no more boxes, but about 100 mountains of insanity all over my house. Soon I will move several mountains from one room to another to get carpet installed, then I will move the mountains back. Also, my stepmom unpacked my kitchen and I just can't even. I found the toothbrush holder next to the cheese grater.
        Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

We are almost done except for the garage and homeschool stuff (which is the stuff I actually want done). But like responsible adults, we left on vacation and it’ll have to wait.

Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
          Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by MsSassyBaskets View Post
            I was unpacked by a flood, so I have no more boxes, but about 100 mountains of insanity all over my house. Soon I will move several mountains from one room to another to get carpet installed, then I will move the mountains back. Also, my stepmom unpacked my kitchen and I just can't even. I found the toothbrush holder next to the cheese grater.
            Wow - so I don’t know whether the flood or the tooth brush holder is more upsetting. Hope the flood thing wasn’t too awful. (Sounds like carpet needs to be replaced etc- no fun! Not what you needed I’m sure!!! Hang in there).

Comment

Originally posted by JDAZ11 View Post
              Wow - so I don’t know whether the flood or the tooth brush holder is more upsetting. Hope the flood thing wasn’t too awful. (Sounds like carpet needs to be replaced etc- no fun! Not what you needed I’m sure!!! Hang in there).

Amazingly, the basement is finished with tile, and the water was gone within a few hours - immediately after we had the sewer rodded - so all it needed was a good mopping and the dehumidifier running continually. The carpet replacement is up on the second floor, where the previous owner apparently never vacuumed for 5 years.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
              X