Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

What’s your favorite part of the weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s your favorite part of the weekend?

I don’t have Little’s, so I love sleeping in. Saturday’s I try to adhere to a pajama only day and I do the bare minimum. Obviously, I interact with my family, but I don’t clean. I just let things be. Sunday is my super work day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

DH makes breakfast for the kids and something special for me. Today was vegetable and ham hash with a fried egg and buttered sour bread!!! He's generally less stressed and easier to ge around which is more fun too. He's BBQing/smoking ribs right now. They are to die for! Our weekend basically revolves around food.
    Last edited by Ladybug; 08-04-2018, 12:42 PM.
    -Ladybug

Comment

Yum!!! How nice!

Kris

Comment

Annnnnd, weight loss goals not achieved this summer!

I'm sure next summer I can eat whatever I want and lose weight. I can feel it coming
        -Ladybug

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug View Post
          Annnnnd, weight loss goals not achieved this summer!

I'm sure next summer I can eat whatever I want and lose weight. I can feel it coming
          LOL. It’s not fair that we can’t eT what we want and lose weight.

Comment

I love to sleep in too!!!!!
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

I love the weekends for reconnecting with myself and the kids. Obviously, this doesn't always happen. In fact not a single one is home right now as I write this and I just got done bagging grass from the half-a** mowing job that the oldest did. Keep it positive....keep it positive..... lol
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

So many things...but mostly just relaxed time as a family.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                Student and Mom to an Oct 2013 boy
                Wife to Anesthesia Critical Care attending

Comment

Lol, I don't remember what it feels like to sleep in. So my favorite part is of the weekend is accomplishing goals and checking projects off the home improvement list, especially if we can have the kind of weekend where we have a kid adventure - zoo, pool, big day at the park, paleteria, etc. PLUS making big progress on something in the house. This weekend we did splash pad both days, paleteria, new kitchen faucet, and painted a large wall. And I took DD to the pool Friday since I took the day off, and DH replaced several light switches and outlets. Win win win! So I guess I'm unable to sit idle...
                  Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Since graduating and having a baby, the days of the week mean nothing to me. I transcend time and space.

😂

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

I was going to say that weekends have no meaning with my husband's schedule and no school for the summer. And that goes triple now that we have puppy so I get up with him between 5:45 and 7! But I realized that Sundays have been cinnamon roll days for a few months now. DH takes one kid to the local bakery, and we have a relaxed morning whether it's a work day or a free day. <3
                      Alison

Comment

J is home, and we usually end up with both kids in our bed in the morning with them watching their iPads while he and I try to sleep in until maybe 8. Then we're lazy for a bit, and then we try to do fun things occasionally. Lately we've been hanging out with family or friends. Yesterday we went for a hike in the park right by our house, and then we went to the pool after naps, and we had so much fun.
                        Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Heading out with DW for a run, swim or cycle whilst teenagers lie in. Perfect.
                          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X