Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Journals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journals

How long do you let them pile up? DH doesn’t seem to be purging them on his own. I started moving them to his night stand, still hasn’t really made a difference.

We typically move every year or so, and he dumps them then... but we haven’t moved and I don’t want them anymore.

Just wondering if anyone else throws them out without discussing it much. I’m sure he doesn’t care. I just never remember to ask him. He never throws away any of my journals, but I only keep them for like max 3mo. If I haven’t read them then, then I’m never going to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JDAZ11; 10-16-2018, 03:49 PM.

I hate clutter, so I put them in DH’s bag as soon as they get here and he stores them/reads them at his office.

Comment

They go directly from our mailbox to the recycling bin.
      Married to a newly minted Pediatric Rad, momma to a sweet girl and a bunch of (mostly) cute boy monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
        I feel so much better! Going in the trash now. Im sure everything is online. Thank you both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerTexan View Post
          Same. I don't keep my own either, although those get mailed to work - the only ones I've kept are ones that I have a paper in. Everything is definitely online if they need it.
          Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Ugh I know this is going to be a huge source of contention for us. DH is such a pack rat and likes to convince himself he'll read or reread everything someday. We have a hardback copy of the book "Alive!" that we've been moving with us since 2014. Not once have I seen him pick it up or reference interest in revisiting the story. He only protests when I go to do a purge. Ugggh. Journals will be even harder to let go of. 😡

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

The only one DH really reads is weekly, so I purge them after about 2 weeks so we never have more than a couple sitting around.
              Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

To be fair though, he's been really good about getting rid of his own lately.
                Wife of PGY-4 (of 6), cat herder, and mom to a sassy-pants four-nager.

Comment

Working...
                X