Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Are you doing something to improve yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you doing something to improve yourself?

I’m walking 4 days a week and I’m taking Open Learn courses free through Open University. I love the format and they offer certificates of completion at the end of each course. The options are limitless. I’m reviewing biology and chemistry right now.

Are you working on a self-improvement project?

Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

I'm taking a photography course starting tomorrow, which I'm excited about!

I'm also still working to get healthier through diet and exercise. I've been riding the Peloton and doing intermittent fasting since February and have lost a little over 10lbs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Wow, congrats!

I’d love to take a photography class. How fun!

Comment

This is the 3rd one I've taken. It's online, through ClickinMoms.

Allison - professor; wife to a urology attending; mom to baby girl E (11/13), baby boy C (2/16), and a spoiled cat; knitter and hoarder of yarn; photographer

Comment

Originally posted by alotofyarn View Post
          I'm taking a photography course starting tomorrow, which I'm excited about!

I'm also still working to get healthier through diet and exercise. I've been riding the Peloton and doing intermittent fasting since February and have lost a little over 10lbs.

What kind of intermittent fasting? How does it work? What is your schedule of fasting?

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
            What kind of intermittent fasting? How does it work? What is your schedule of fasting?

I eat between 12 and 8 every day. Usually I'm done actually eating by 6, but I like to have a glass of wine before 8, after the kids go to bed. I have coffee in the mornings with a tiny splash of half and half and just don't eat breakfast.

Comment

I eat between 12 and 8 every day. Usually I'm done actually eating by 6, but I like to have a glass of wine before 8, after the kids go to bed. I have coffee in the mornings with a tiny splash of half and half and just don't eat breakfast.

This sounds intriguing. Any special diet during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona View Post
                This sounds intriguing. Any special diet during the day.

I try to sort of eat low calorie, lower carb, but not really. If there's something I want, I eat it.

Comment

How's IF working for you? I did it for years and then in the fall started a diet with nutrient timing (and didn't finish). I'm slowly moving back away from grains and thinking about doing IF again. So easy once in the habit but not easy to start!

I try to sort of eat low calorie, lower carb, but not really. If there's something I want, I eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by MAPPLEBUM View Post
                    How's IF working for you? I did it for years and then in the fall started a diet with nutrient timing (and didn't finish). I'm slowly moving back away from grains and thinking about doing IF again. So easy once in the habit but not easy to start!
                    So far it works really well for me. I occasionally have days where I eat breakfast, like today the Chickfila truck was at the kids school so I had some of that, and last weekend they had Mother's Day goodies at church, and occasionally we'll do brunch. I never ate much for breakfast during the week anyway, just a protein shake and occasionally a bar, so this wasn't a huge change for me. We also do breakfast for dinner at least one night every other week, so I still get to eat those foods. I've found most diets that restrict calories or a certain food count really hard for me to maintain long term, but this really hasn't been hard at all for me.

Comment

Daily meditation and prayer.

Working out at least four times per week.

Doubling down on the belief that I am not the Grand Master Puppeteer of the Universe. There is very little I can control so I need to let it go.
                      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                      X